Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Corbeau Racing Seats

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 08:51 AM
bobbadio

Default Corbeau Racing Seats

Hey guys,

I'm looking at purchasing a set of Corbeau FX1 Wide racing seats for my 07 Mustang GT. Just wondering if anyone has installed these.... I want to know if anyone has had fitment issues due to them being wider. Also, are the comfortable? Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob
Old 12-10-2011, 05:59 PM
bobbadio

Anybody?
Old 12-10-2011, 07:31 PM
Warpig12354
3rd Gear Member

Keep in mind you have to buy the seat brackets too.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:53 PM
bobbadio

Yup! I got those in the shopping cart also. It seems that people who are having a little fitment issues are those with cages. I saw a few threads on other forums that said they had a hard time fitting them in with the bar on the door. Oh well. Looks like I'll just go for it and put them in as a winter project. (now I'm just searching for a "how to" thread about how to take the plugs out of the original seat and put them under the new seat so my seatbelt light and airbag light doesn't continuously blink.....)
Old 12-11-2011, 12:02 AM
09cs
5th Gear Member

Post pics! I've been thinking about picking up a set of Corbeaus too.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:26 AM
sonnier
2nd Gear Member

I've been looking for a good writeup on this as well, particularly since I have the seat airbags. It doesn't seem like there is much info out there and some of it seems to conflict. I'm looking for a definitive answer on air bag simulators before I do anything.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:53 PM
bobbadio

Originally Posted by sonnier
I've been looking for a good writeup on this as well, particularly since I have the seat airbags. It doesn't seem like there is much info out there and some of it seems to conflict. I'm looking for a definitive answer on air bag simulators before I do anything.

That is exactly how I felt, I wanted someone else to be the test dummy haha. I asked about the install over at Corral. Redfire281 gave me some really good links that may help...

-------------------------------------------
Redfire281:

Read post #4 on this link:
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...nge-seats.html

then, post #16 on this link:
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...t-stays-2.html

Hope this helps.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:21 PM
sonnier
2nd Gear Member

That sounds much cheaper than replacing the RCM and getting simulators which would also need to be programmed by the dealer. Good luck finding a dealer to do that. I found the Ford part numbers somewhere but can't find them anymore but needless to say that kind of discouraged me.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:49 AM
bobbadio

I don't think you need to re-program anything if you do it the way it was described in the other forum. I don't think it will be that bad, well I hope not. I think the driver side will be a piece of cake. The only thing that will possibly have me scratching my head is the passenger side. I think it will be a little easier once I'm actually looking at the wires and doing it, rather than just trying to picture it in my mind.

If I actually end up doing it I will post pics for everyone. Trying to get everything together this winter season and put everything in while the car is away for winter.

If anyone does find anymore information let me know!
Old 12-14-2011, 07:52 PM
geo06

Ok guys, i don't have the seats yet so the following information that i found throught various sources and web sites, is how it is supposed to be done for your computer to work with the aftermarket seats.
DRIVERS SEAT:
You need to to take the harness from the bottom of the stock seat and put them under your aftermarket seats.
Also you need the seat position sensor, it is on the front right side of the drivers seat. It is held by one bolt, that also has to go with your aftermarket seat.
If you have side air bags, then you need to buy TERMINATORS from Ford PN#XF2Z14B022 AA. That takes care of the drivers seat.

PASSENGER SEAT:
This one is harder to do as you need to remove the BLADDER from under the seat and it is not easy. The bladder seats between the seat frame and the seat foam. You do not want to brake it while taking it out because the Occupant Classification Sensor, RCM, and the Bladder work as a system and if any of them get damage you have to replace them all,so be carefull take your time. Also the Bladder must be reset at the dealer. That is per Ford, everytime you move the bladder for whatever reason it must be recalibrated. Next the OCS Occupant Classification Sensor must be removed from the passenger seat and installed in your aftermarket seat. The OCS is attached to the seat rail with two bolts. That is about it. It sounds like a lot of work but is not that bad. I will take pictures when i do my car and maybe some of this stuff wont sound so bad. I am looking forward for my seats to get here.

This is how i did it, and worked great no codes or Eng light on. I have not had the computer reset yet, but as soon as i get a chance i will take it to the dealer to have the Bladder reset. Hopes this help.

Quick Reply: Corbeau Racing Seats