Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Previous owner's mods has me puzzled

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 01:27 PM
Johnboy72

Default Previous owner's mods has me puzzled

Ok, so trying to figure this whole thing out. Previous owner put an Eleanor hood and the side exhaust on the 09 GT along with some Shelby badges but left stock bumpers and wing on. Well first thing I'll work on is removing the fake advertisements but I'm really scratching my head at these other mods. It would be nice to just have a simple nice GT without all the extra stuff....the car is black by the way. But with the hood and exhaust, I'm thinking the front needs to be finished as I'm not liking how it clashes with the "Eleanor" stuff. But I don't like the Eleanor bumper. I'm really liking how this GT500 conversion looks but then I'm stuck with a pricey hood I'd have to sell. I'm also liking the GT/CS front. I'm just torn on which direction to go. I'm about to think to heck with it all and remove the exhaust setup and hood all together. Any suggestions or pics of people making this exhaust/hood combo look good other than a full Eleanor setup?
Old 05-17-2013, 01:32 PM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

Why people throw on badging that's not correct for a car ill never figure out. But great marketing for the companies that sell the stuff bet they make bank on it.

My question is do you have pics on this exhaust. Does it look like the dumb exhaust from the bad Gone in 60 Seconds with Nick Cage? If so I would take that off too and maybe throw on a nice cat back system.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:37 PM
Johnboy72

Only pics I have currently are crap, been trying to get the wifey to send some updated pics.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:40 PM
Johnboy72

Supposed to pick this up off the mother in law when I get back to the states...I think she's beginning to tire of a 5spd and the loud pipes. But I'm already planning on throwing money into it just because I've always took care of her Mustangs. Plan is a few bolt ons here and there as budget permits. I'm thinking the car needs black rims! My 4yr old boy loves the sound, but says the mufflers are not supposed to come out the side. I'm thinking he's on to something!

This is however my screen saver and I just like the looks of this car. I'd have to leave the fake badges off it of course. But this is plan and simple.

Last edited by Johnboy72; 05-17-2013 at 01:46 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 02:33 PM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

Well if you like the side sound you could always look at putting on some of the Boss 302 side pipes. They sit under the car so you can't really see them. Plus they still have pipes going out the back so you can get surround sound exhaust. Only thing I am not sure is if they work on anything lower than 2011......

I run Stainless Works Reto Cat Backs on mine and it screams. It's a good system but its up there in price with the Borla.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:57 PM
E_cox310
2nd Gear Member

I understand you with the Eleanor Stuff. I honestly hate it. If you want a clean GT, my suggestion would be to scrap the Eleanor stuff, get a GT500/CS rear bumper, if you can afford it add a CS front bumper as well or just add a clean chin spoiler. The GT500 conversion kit is great; however, it's very expensive. That money could be used in other areas like performance, handling, rims/tires. If you want the side exhaust but not be visible like the Eleanor style, and still have pipes coming from the back as well, here you go.
http://www.fordracingpartsdirect.com...-5220-3vmb.htm

But first thing is first... DEBADGE that baby! lol
Old 05-18-2013, 05:56 AM
Johnboy72

Kind of like this bumper. Probably a little older but it's simple and clean.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:18 AM
Johnboy72

Well, just finished chatting with the wifey and my youngest boy Ethan. He's a four yr old motor head that's been trying to convince G'ma to ditch the hood pins and side exhaust. I showed him three cars I like but one is the one I really like...he nailed it. He pointed out on the first two the things I didn't like and he likes the GT500KR. Black with black wheels but no stripes and no badges. So think I better start saving up....cause that GT500 nose is a bit expensive. The side skirts....are they the same as the V6 stockers? I thought I had seen that somewhere on here. Hopefully I can recoup some of the costs by selling the Eleanor hood, side exhaust kit, GT front end, etc. Oh and the wheels would have to go along with the louvered quarter glass! I did see a guy on Ebay selling a complete bolt on kit for $3800....might have to get on that other thread and research this some more.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:54 PM
E_cox310
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Johnboy72
Well, just finished chatting with the wifey and my youngest boy Ethan. He's a four yr old motor head that's been trying to convince G'ma to ditch the hood pins and side exhaust. I showed him three cars I like but one is the one I really like...he nailed it. He pointed out on the first two the things I didn't like and he likes the GT500KR. Black with black wheels but no stripes and no badges. So think I better start saving up....cause that GT500 nose is a bit expensive. The side skirts....are they the same as the V6 stockers? I thought I had seen that somewhere on here. Hopefully I can recoup some of the costs by selling the Eleanor hood, side exhaust kit, GT front end, etc. Oh and the wheels would have to go along with the louvered quarter glass! I did see a guy on Ebay selling a complete bolt on kit for $3800....might have to get on that other thread and research this some more.
The side skirts are the same as the V6. Basically if you are trying to transform the look of your car into a GT500, it's going to cost quite a bit. I know the front conversion kit is at least $2000, not including installation. Also the rear bumper will run you about $630 (I know exact price cause I have it) after it's painted. The only cheap thing you can do is get a GT500 rear spoiler on ebay, from the spoilerstore, great product. Rims and tires (considering you don't go the cheap route) will run you about another $2500-3000. So save up and gradually do exterior mods, in combination with performance mods. That's my advice
Old 05-19-2013, 07:53 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by E_cox310
The side skirts are the same as the V6. Basically if you are trying to transform the look of your car into a GT500, it's going to cost quite a bit. I know the front conversion kit is at least $2000, not including installation. Also the rear bumper will run you about $630 (I know exact price cause I have it) after it's painted. The only cheap thing you can do is get a GT500 rear spoiler on ebay, from the spoilerstore, great product. Rims and tires (considering you don't go the cheap route) will run you about another $2500-3000. So save up and gradually do exterior mods, in combination with performance mods. That's my advice
$630? That bumper is just a C/S rear bumper that the lower half isn't painted on it, I wouldn't imagine it being that expensive.

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...r-Bumper-Cover
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...r-Bumper-Cover

Last edited by 2005Redfire6; 05-19-2013 at 07:55 PM.

Quick Reply: Previous owner's mods has me puzzled