Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

New 13' Raxiom Taillights Post here

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 11:47 AM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

theres finally another stang in my town with the tails, they even look good on not my car in person

but i had em first so hes just copying me :P
Old 02-19-2014, 08:55 PM
Javdog
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lem-06
theres finally another stang in my town with the tails, they even look good on not my car in person

but i had em first so hes just copying me :P
Pictures or it didn't happen, LOL they look great on all colors
Old 02-19-2014, 10:41 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

I have since added a flat black blackout panel (vinyl). It was just so much gloss black on gloss black before.. I felt like it needed something to break it up. I like them even more now. Also I think the chrome emblem on the back looks a lot better surrounded in flat black.

Also waykool, I dig that spoiler bro!!
Old 02-26-2014, 10:36 PM
Det.FrankBullitt
1st Gear Member

Default What if LED's go out after the 2 year warranty?

[QUOTE=Evo2s197;8312148]Well I finally got my tailights, and they look real good except for the passenger side is defective with 2-4 dead LED'S on the middle portion the other leds look dead because of the angle of the pic in person they all light up except the middle portion!

I Sent an Email regarding this issue, Hopefully it's fixed quickly because I already had to wait and then when I get them They aren't functioning like a 3 week wait on a highly anticipated part should be! Maybe I can get a discount on some Raxiom headlights to make up for my time uninstalling them, making a trip to ship them back and waiting who knows how long to get a replacement! Especially since my other tailights are sold now and I need to Drive my car! ARRRGHHH!

Nothing like having your heart sink when something you've been waiting for isn't what you expected!

I'm confident American Muscle will take care of me, We will just have to wait and see. Order number 2491884

I called American Muscle today and asked what if some LED's go out after the 2 year warranty is up.Would Raxiom fix them for a fee, or do I end up with a 400 dollar BRICK. I work in the security field and this is a very common occurrence with IR LED's in our camera's. The Rep at American Muscle said he did not know but he would check into it and give me a call back when he got a answer,because he has been getting a lot of call's asking the same question. I was going to purchase them today but I need a better answer than what I got.I can only speak for myself but I would hold off dropping almost 400 bucks on something that after 2 years could be useless. I trust American Muscle, Raxiom stuff I am told is made in China, I do not trust China. American Muscle lets get this matter settled, cuz the lights look awesome and I want a set,But only if I know I can get them fixed.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:47 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07BLACKGT
I have since added a flat black blackout panel (vinyl). It was just so much gloss black on gloss black before.. I felt like it needed something to break it up. I like them even more now. Also I think the chrome emblem on the back looks a lot better surrounded in flat black.

Also waykool, I dig that spoiler bro!!

Love them on your car, thats a killer license plate and I gotta say I have always enjoyed your avatar too. Shes so hot.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:37 AM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Originally Posted by Mike Nickles
Gawd that's a good-looking car.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:02 AM
Det.FrankBullitt
1st Gear Member

Default smoked tail lights

Originally Posted by GTgeezer
Hey guys I have been wanting to change my tail lights as the ugly clear ones the previous owner put on there are hidious plus they get moisture in them(brand Sonar beware junk) I like the Raxiom red smoked that look like the oem just all red and smoked. any word on their quality? thanks
I have the Raxiom smoked oem style and the quality is perfect. The only downside is they are not DOT approved. That may or may not be a issue where you live. I have had them about 6 months and have not been hassled by the cops.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:12 PM
Det.FrankBullitt
1st Gear Member

Your car is looking really Bad ***! Good job man.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:57 AM
BuckeyeTye

hey guys. i have the raxiom sequential LED plug n play kit right now, looking to switch to this Gen5 kit, i just have a question for you guys who have installed them: does the Gen5 kit come with resistors that you have to install? the sequential plug n play kit came with 8 resistors with pretty much zero install instructions. the instructions they did have were a really crappy photo copy. the resistors are not even mentioned in the light install instructions. I can install the resistors but i would just like to know before hand what i am dealing with haha. Thanks for the help!!
-Sean
06 GT, Torch Red
Old 02-28-2014, 09:56 AM
waykooljr
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BuckeyeTye
hey guys. i have the raxiom sequential LED plug n play kit right now, looking to switch to this Gen5 kit, i just have a question for you guys who have installed them: does the Gen5 kit come with resistors that you have to install? the sequential plug n play kit came with 8 resistors with pretty much zero install instructions. the instructions they did have were a really crappy photo copy. the resistors are not even mentioned in the light install instructions. I can install the resistors but i would just like to know before hand what i am dealing with haha. Thanks for the help!!
-Sean
06 GT, Torch Red
From stock, unplug the old, plug-in the Gen 5's, done.

Quick Reply: New 13' Raxiom Taillights Post here