Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

leather interior options

Old 08-15-2017, 09:06 AM
Andretti
2nd Gear Member

Default leather interior options

So I am considering redoing my leather interior on my 2006 GT. It is currently the original black leather interior, but while still in almost 'new' shape, I've never really liked how it looked or felt (especially considering its not real leather).

I was just curious if anyone had suggestions or could post pics of their updated interior so I could possibly get some ideas other than just replacing a stock black interior with another stock black interior.

thx

Andretti
Old 08-15-2017, 10:35 AM
JJHoover
2nd Gear Member

https://www.leatherseats.com/home/
Old 08-15-2017, 05:20 PM
flash_xx
3rd Gear Member

https://lmr.com/item/LRS-0507BB/TMI-...e-05-07-0507BB
Old 08-16-2017, 07:54 AM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Andretti
So I am considering redoing my leather interior on my 2006 GT. It is currently the original black leather interior, but while still in almost 'new' shape, I've never really liked how it looked or felt (especially considering its not real leather).

I was just curious if anyone had suggestions or could post pics of their updated interior so I could possibly get some ideas other than just replacing a stock black interior with another stock black interior.

thx

Andretti
Curious, what makes you think it is not real leather? The seating surface has to be leather in order for it to be called a leather interior.
Old 08-18-2017, 06:22 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by proeagles
Curious, what makes you think it is not real leather? The seating surface has to be leather in order for it to be called a leather interior.
The fact it is called leather trimmed seats. Definitely not all of it is leather, but there is some leather there.

OP: Katskin makes a package that is top notch in whatever color combination you might want.
Old 08-19-2017, 06:58 PM
Andretti
2nd Gear Member

Proeagles:I hadn't replied because I was trying to find out where I read that about the leather seat parts, but never have found it again.

I did talk to the guy where I'm considering upgrading my interior at a local Katskin installer (I've already committed to having a leather interior installed on my Tacoma this monday), and he confirmed what danzcool said: there are parts that are leather, but the sides and back are definitely vinyl, even if you went with the leather interior when ordering your car (which I did).

At this point, I'm considering doing a black base leather seat, but with the center sections using this along with the blue stitching.

Initially I wanted to do blue sections on the seat, but no matter how I did it, it always looked too similar to the Roush leather seats. While I like the look of those....I want something different, so this is likely the direction I'm going to go.

Andretti

Search this Thread