Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chin Spoiler

Old 03-08-2006, 09:04 PM
richjr74
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Chin Spoiler

never mind, just saw the other forum on the same topic....only comes painted in black.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:55 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: richjr74

never mind, just saw the other forum on the same topic....only comes painted in black.

Hmm, who could have posted that
Old 03-08-2006, 11:21 PM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: anzus77

New here, I just ordered the classic chin spoiler and Eibach sport system. Problems?

wait, you orderd a chin spoiler and eibach SPORTLINE? if so thats gonna be really really low lol, i think clearance would be quite an issue
Old 03-08-2006, 11:39 PM
garagelogic

I have one for sale that came off my 2005 GT. $125 Been sitting in the corner of my garage in bubblewrap since I sold the car in November.

You can see it here: https://mustangforums.com/albumtn.as...199938947.jpeg
Old 03-08-2006, 11:43 PM
dcranford
1st Gear Member

Garagelogic

I just PMed you about your spoiler, what color is it???

I think I want it, its the CDC classic right? I cant view your picture
Old 03-08-2006, 11:50 PM
anzus77

ORIGINAL: Kaldar142

wait, you orderd a chin spoiler and eibach SPORTLINE? if so thats gonna be really really low lol, i think clearance would be quite an issue

Yes. I figured I may have a problem with this setup but I wanted to see it for myself. My car will not be a daily driver so I'm thinking I should be okay as long as I'm careful. If it looks like a problem then I will have a classic chin for sale real cheap! As of right now I have a room full of parts but no Mustang. I placed my order 02/17 so I'm anxiously waiting...

I was looking on the CDC website and by some of the pictures it didn't really seem that the Classic Chin made too much of a difference on clearance. It also looked like after adding the chin the front would still have just as much clearance as the sides so I thought the combination might be okay.

Any other thoughts on having the CDC chin spoiler AND Eibach Sportlines?
Old 03-08-2006, 11:54 PM
anzus77

ORIGINAL: garagelogic

I have one for sale that came off my 2005 GT. $125 Been sitting in the corner of my garage in bubblewrap since I sold the car in November.

garagelogic,

Maybe you can help me...

By the looks of your picture the Mustang is lowered and has the chin spoiler...right? If so, what lowering kit was used and any problems?

I'm planning for the Eibach sportline springs/dampers with a CDC classic

Thanks.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:58 PM
garagelogic

It was lowered, but only with the Eibach Pro-Kit. I had no dragging issues at all. I think if you go with the Sportlines, you will regret it, not only with ride quality, but bottoming out on every little bump as well.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:03 AM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: anzus77

Yes. I figured I may have a problem with this setup but I wanted to see it for myself. My car will not be a daily driver so I'm thinking I should be okay as long as I'm careful. If it looks like a problem then I will have a classic chin for sale real cheap! As of right now I have a room full of parts but no Mustang. I placed my order 02/17 so I'm anxiously waiting...

I was looking on the CDC website and by some of the pictures it didn't really seem that the Classic Chin made too much of a difference on clearance. It also looked like after adding the chin the front would still have just as much clearance as the sides so I thought the combination might be okay.

Any other thoughts on having the CDC chin spoiler AND Eibach Sportlines?

I have the Sportline and I think you will be making a big mistake getting a chin spoiler. My clearance is only like 4-1/2" on the front spoiler now.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:13 AM
anzus77

ORIGINAL: garagelogic

It was lowered, but only with the Eibach Pro-Kit. I had no dragging issues at all. I think if you go with the Sportlines, you will regret it, not only with ride quality, but bottoming out on every little bump as well.

The sportline kit is only .3 inches lower in the front than pro kit.

As far as ride quality goes, wouldnt the sportlines with eibach dambers have a better ride than eibach pros with factory dampers?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Chin Spoiler