Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Moderators: Please Read

Old 03-10-2006, 07:18 PM
mash2k
2nd Gear Member

Default Moderators: Please Read

To the moderators of this board: Before I make the following comments, please let me first preface my comments by saying that this is definitely one of the better Mustang forums on the WWW. It is one of the better forums because 95% of its members are polite, courteous, intelligent, respectful, and outright knowledgeable. I really enjoy the enthusiastic exchange of information and the passion for the Ford Mustang that we all seem to share. I have learned quite a bit here, and will continue to soak up technical information in the pursuit of expertise with Mustangs.

That leads me to the point that I wish to make. It is about the other 5% of the members of this board. They join the forum and within an hour and a half of registration they are insulting other forum members. These people are generally (not always) juveniles; we all know the type. They usually migrate from other car forums that are convoluted with other half-wits where the norm is rude, obnoxious behavior that regresses to name calling and insults. The biggest victims here are the V6 guys. They not only get bashed in the GT forum, but some of the same individuals that bash them on the GT forum “troll” their forum to add insult to injury. If it irritates me, I can only imagine how the V6 guys see things. They amaze me with their maturity and self-restraint. It is really a tough thing to do. I respect the V6 guys and everyone else should also. Not long ago, a new member who made a comment that “girls drive convertibles” and “real men don’t drive convertibles” did insult me. Now, I’m an adult and didn’t let the name calling get me too riled up, especially over a comment by an “internet hero”. I guarantee that this person would never have had the intestinal fortitude to say something like that to my face. I could have said something as equally stupid and immature like” real men don’t drive autos” or such, but that would not really have been my viewpoint and would have further escalated the situation. I can honestly say that this problem is not as bad as I have seen it in the past. That said, my point here is that these people should be warned a couple of times and if necessary, eventually banned.

The Corvette forum that I frequent does a real good job at policing up troublemakers and trolls. You guys are great Americans and doing a good job, but all I am asking is for you to make the board better by ridding it of these troublemakers and trolls. This is not a rant, but merely an observation. See you on the high ground!
Old 03-10-2006, 09:15 PM
dyeguy

Default RE: Moderators: Please Read

Great post. I am a newbie but have been reading on the site for a while. I wouldn't have joined if the majority of members acted like some of the more immature ones do. I enjoy all the great information and comrauderie not name calling.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:22 PM
BlackB-U-TEE_06
2nd Gear Member

good call. I too enjoy this forum for the same reasons. for the most part everyone here is very polite, knowledgeable and above all loves mustangs (GTs and V6s alike). i find that most people on these forums just ignore the idiots who post mean spirited comments. on occasion, i'll admit, i will tell an *** that he is being a jerk and to knock it off, even though it goes against my better judgement. for the most part though, i have noticed that if you ignore the jerks on the forums, they get bored and go away.

sure it can be frustrating sometimes, but i don't think the problem is big enough to start a crack down on every single dumbass who posts something mean or rude. afterall, one of the great things about america (besides american muscle cars) is that we are all entitled to free speech. granted, the owners/moderators of this forum have every right to boot anyone they want, but i feel like they're above that in many ways. besides, i think what pisses a jerk off more than getting banned from this forum is just ignoring him. really they are only trying to call attention to themselves, and if you deny them that, i think you do more damage to their ego, than banning them does.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:30 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

Thank you for the post mash2k.

We pride ourselves on being as polite, helpful and friendly as we can be.

Your comments are dead on. The vast majority of our members are class acts and are really good people......it's the members who make the forum as good as I believe it is.

Unfortunately, this is the internet and you are going to run into that small minority who have some kind of chip on their shoulder and seem intent on causing mayhem. I assure you that we do everything we can to catch them as soon as they appear to be a problem. They sure do keep us on our toes LOL.

I usually don't take anything said in a negative manner on the internet personally because I have found that most of these "trolls" are either trying to compensate for something else that is missing from their lives or have real mental health issues.

Regardless, we will continue to stay on top of things the best we can but we rely on you guys a bit to tell us when someone is getting out of line.....it's a really big forum and we don't always catch everything. A quick PM to a moderator or admin will solve the problem real quick.

If we all work together with a good attitude, we can make this the very best forum on the whole internet.

Thanks everyone for your support.

Bill/MikeHawke

Old 03-10-2006, 09:44 PM
05 Cayuse
2nd Gear Member

Great Post! I've been pleasantly surprised how seldom it's an issue. And for the most part I ignore the jibs and sarcasim asmeaningless dribble. I'm cruising the threads looking for what I can learn about making my stang better, and helping out where I can. Thanks for the insight! And yes, I drive a V6 convertible.
Old 03-10-2006, 10:06 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

I can say I learned alot here. Not a day goes by and Im not surfing it.
Old 03-10-2006, 10:06 PM
Newbreedgt05
3rd Gear Member

We love ya just the same 05 Cayuse![sm=partyparty.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=smiley31.gif]

I come across this every once in a while, but I just try to ignore it and not get upset.
As long as it's a mustang, it's all good![sm=icon_rock.gif]
Old 03-10-2006, 10:07 PM
BlackB-U-TEE_06
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05 Cayuse

Great Post! I've been pleasantly surprised how seldom it's an issue. And for the most part I ignore the jibs and sarcasim asmeaningless dribble. I'm cruising the threads looking for what I can learn about making my stang better, and helping out where I can. Thanks for the insight! And yes, I drive a V6 convertible.
I sure do love my GT, but your v6 vert is BEAUTIFUL. seriously, very nice. that's the pony package you have on there, right? looks sharp.
Old 03-10-2006, 10:31 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

I want to add even though i dont have an 05-06, that if you dont have experience in a field i.e the gear thing dont coment!
Old 03-10-2006, 10:53 PM
skilz4u2nv
3rd Gear Member

good call mash2k,

I usually ask the dumbest newbie questions and im hardly ever scared to ask them cuz i know for the most part i would be made fun of for not something so simplistic as lets say what is a shift **** for example... someone always gives me an answer and a great explanation... we are all here cuz we love our cars and we want to learn something about them...some people dont understand that and ruin it

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Moderators: Please Read