Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eibach Pro Springs

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 01:26 PM
skilz4u2nv
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Eibach Pro Springs

Ouch... where did you guys get your springs done? I got them done at $70 per wheel!!! [:@] I feel totally ripped off now... MY fault for not shopping around I guess... Maybe I should have just gone to a Midas or something...
Old 03-20-2006, 04:18 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

you shoulda did them yourself, or the rear atleast... took me 15 min to install the rear springs
Old 03-20-2006, 04:48 PM
sidmanic
2nd Gear Member

You can get McPhearson Spring Compressors at Harbor Freight for $15.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:48 PM
skilz4u2nv
3rd Gear Member

It wasnt really a project I was comfortable tackling myself...

But has everyone experienced doing all 4 springs for less than $150??? This makes me a lil upset
Old 03-20-2006, 05:15 PM
sidmanic
2nd Gear Member

Had to look it up. Was $140.38 for the install and $80.63 for the alignment which would have been fine but about two weeks later when the quality of their would anounce itself every time I hit a bump in the road. I would have gladly paid a few extra bucks to have it done right the first time. I had to figure out what was causing the problem and fix it myself because Redline Motorsports in Vegas didn't think there was anything wrong with their install. It was a PITA.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:01 AM
skilz4u2nv
3rd Gear Member

Yea maybe it was more because I went to an alighment shop and they probably aligned it for me while they were at it.. Who knows
Old 03-21-2006, 09:51 PM
skilz4u2nv
3rd Gear Member

Yea so my paranoia is setting in after reading your posts

I had my springs done at an alignment shop and they didnt mention if my cars alignment was off or if the camber was not in a range...
What do you think I should get? Will Eibach's part # 5.81260K fix this for me alone if it is in fact off? Or will I have to spend the extra money for the Billet Camber Adjusters from Steeda for like $190???

I would love it if I can to just get away with just buying the Eibach part for $30 and bringing it back to the alignment shop and telling them to finish the job with the Eibach alignment kit...

ORIGINAL: sidmanicpart

I think I paid about $150 and they did it wrong. Make sure that the they install the rubber spacers from the stock springs and that the urethane sleeve on the new springs is pushed down to the bottom of the spring where it comes into contact with the strut. They didn't do this on mine so I had metal to metal contact at the bottom of the strut so it sounded like the front end had bad bushings everytime you went over a bump. Other things to consider: Eibach part # 5.81260K ($26) is for correcting the alignment after you install the springs or you can use camber caster plates ($180). The camber on the front end will be out so your tires will wear on the inside. You need to get an adjustable panard rod because the body, after lowering, won't be centered over the axle so if you are running tires bigger than 285's, they will start rubbing on the fenderwell.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:39 PM
Black06stang
4th Gear Member

I am considering lowering my stang. If I lower it more than 1 inch what other alignment products will I need to buy? A $30 eibach alignment kit....or will it be something more expensive like a new panhard bar. How expensive will all of this be? If I buy springs for $150 and install for $150, is this all I need?
Old 03-21-2006, 11:27 PM
sidmanic
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: skilz4u2nv

Yea so my paranoia is setting in after reading your posts

I had my springs done at an alignment shop and they didnt mention if my cars alignment was off or if the camber was not in a range...
What do you think I should get? Will Eibach's part # 5.81260K fix this for me alone if it is in fact off? Or will I have to spend the extra money for the Billet Camber Adjusters from Steeda for like $190???

I would love it if I can to just get away with just buying the Eibach part for $30 and bringing it back to the alignment shop and telling them to finish the job with the Eibach alignment kit...
I used to kid myself and think the alignment was good but the proof was in the tire wear on the front end. The Eibach part is supposed to give you another 1.5 or 1.7 (can't remember exact number) of camber adjustment. Caster Camber Plates will give you 3 degrees of adjustment. When I had mine aligned, they told me that it was at +3 degrees which they said was the limit. I'm not sure what the desired camber setting is but I figure that if I can get it to +1.5 degrees, its going to be really close. Eibach made these specifically for their springs so I took that to heart also, not to mention the price. Cheap....
Old 03-22-2006, 01:32 PM
skilz4u2nv
3rd Gear Member

Are you sure it is Eibach part # 5.81260K ? I'm trying to do a search for it to buy it but I cant find it anywhere. And if I do find it it says that it doesnt fit the springs for the 2005 mustang gt.

where did you get yours?

Quick Reply: Eibach Pro Springs