Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WOW

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 08:55 AM
xxxbigdavexxx

Default WOW

How in the world is this car (06 mustang) a lil more than 19,000??? blazing fast with phenomenal reviews by most magazines - I was expecting to see 35,000+ for the price range

Old 03-21-2006, 09:07 AM
one_focused_svt
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: WOW

because the V6 with an auto isn't blazing fast......
Old 03-21-2006, 09:11 AM
xxxbigdavexxx

stilll even 26 27 grand seems pretty amazing

is the car mechanically reliable??
Old 03-21-2006, 09:13 AM
Juntech
3rd Gear Member

actually you can only get a V6 with a manual for under 20K
Old 03-21-2006, 09:17 AM
one_focused_svt
3rd Gear Member

oops, well still isn't blazing fast, lol
Old 03-21-2006, 06:14 PM
CrimeScene
2nd Gear Member

I kinda agree with him on I was suprised the new stang's are fairly cheap,I ordered a 06 GT fully loaded - the shaker 1000 sound system for under 30.

I guess you look at the fact it is rear wheel drive,not loaded with heated seats and stuff and take into accound Ford as well as alot of US auto makers are in $ trouble,I belive Ford was one of the first to start revamping to compete with over seas auto makers,look at Buick 2006 Lucerne it is trying to compete for the lux market and being under 30 grand and you get everything the euro lux auto's have but cheaper,Well all but GM they are still trying to sell trucks for 50 grand.

I don't know if the US auto makers will be able to pull it off,I am shure if they start getting ahead the Union's will start demading more money and sink the US auto ind againe.

CrimeScene
Old 03-21-2006, 07:51 PM
cashman
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CrimeScene

I kinda agree with him on I was suprised the new stang's are fairly cheap,I ordered a 06 GT fully loaded - the shaker 1000 sound system for under 30.

I guess you look at the fact it is rear wheel drive,not loaded with heated seats and stuff and take into accound Ford as well as alot of US auto makers are in $ trouble,I belive Ford was one of the first to start revamping to compete with over seas auto makers,look at Buick 2006 Lucerne it is trying to compete for the lux market and being under 30 grand and you get everything the euro lux auto's have but cheaper,Well all but GM they are still trying to sell trucks for 50 grand.

I don't know if the US auto makers will be able to pull it off,I am shure if they start getting ahead the Union's will start demading more money and sink the US auto ind againe.

CrimeScene
Next year heated seats will be an option, as well as Sirius and a few other things.
Old 03-22-2006, 07:08 AM
CrimeScene
2nd Gear Member

Heated seats would be great if you have leather rather then cloth, Esp if you live somewere cold.now if they would add a sunroof I would be happy.

CrimeScene
Old 03-22-2006, 08:15 AM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

you guys arent giving the 4L its credit torque monster engine with tough internals take a look at some of the rides in the 4L section scrming has one sick yellow stang that can smoke GT's
Old 03-22-2006, 09:52 AM
one_focused_svt
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blackfoot

you guys arent giving the 4L its credit torque monster engine with tough internals take a look at some of the rides in the 4L section scrming has one sick yellow stang that can smoke GT's
with out a doubt, but he didn't spend 19 grand either, did he, lol.

Quick Reply: WOW