Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The facts on HD Engine Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 03:43 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

Default The facts on HD Engine Mounts

A lot of guys have been asking about these cause they have been getting l/t's and have been told they have to them or they will rub so I wanted to give you guys an inside track onto the value of these things since they are $300...

The truth is you don't have to have them with l/t's but under heavy HP and torque your engine and l/t's tend to shift, squat, and move a little so they are not completely useless in that regard. Now, If your pushing some pretty descent HP and torque (380+) then they actually do a little something for you that you may not know...

For those with this power have you ever noticed that at WOT it is sometimes stiff to get into gears even with your aftermarket shifters? This is because under the torque your motor shifts slightly and slides the trans just slightly enough to make it feel as though you're 'forcing' the gears. The HD Engine Mounts really do help in this regard. They will greatly reduce that feeling of 'forcing' the gears when you're shifting at WOT and allow for much smoother shifts under pressure. Engine girdles accomplish the same thing but will cost you more than $300 with install.

IMO opinion they are not a good buy for less than 380 rwhp and a good buy for 380+

Old 03-21-2006, 03:45 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: The facts on HD Engine Mounts

I nominate Chevykiller as officially 05+ Tech President (Though he would, no doubt, be much more like a fascist dictator.)
Old 03-21-2006, 05:19 PM
Twister086
2nd Gear Member

hey chevy, what do you think is a better buy? the aftermarket prothane mounts, or the chengineering torque kit?
Old 03-21-2006, 05:38 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Twister086

hey chevy, what do you think is a better buy? the aftermarket prothane mounts, or the chengineering torque kit?
I have not seen or heard of the chengineering torque kit? The only replaceable engine mounts I have heard of so far are the steedas. I'm certainly intersted in any links of other products relating to this...
Old 03-21-2006, 05:40 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chevykiller

I have not seen or heard of the chengineering torque kit? The only replaceable engine mounts I have heard of so far are the steedas. I'm certainly intersted in any links of other products relating to this...
you gotta start looking at ebay man.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PROTH...spagenameZWDVW
Old 03-21-2006, 05:46 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: andyman

you gotta start looking at ebay man.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PROTH...spagenameZWDVW
I have seen those andy and figure they'll give you the same effect as the steedas. I have no clue what the chengineering torque kit is though...
Old 03-21-2006, 05:57 PM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

I have seen those andy and figure they'll give you the same effect as the steedas. I have no clue what the chengineering torque kit is though...
He is talking about these. They can be found at: http://www.cheperformance.com/cartge...pid=204&cid=15

Old 03-21-2006, 06:11 PM
F00Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Where are you guys getting $300 from. I got mine from GMS and paid $120, which they are so easy to install, especially when you're allready doing l/t's that it's almost a gimme.
Old 03-21-2006, 06:52 PM
Hopen4low12s
1st Gear Member

wow so its not my shifter bolt
Old 03-21-2006, 07:03 PM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

oh so thats why its hard to shift at 6kish rpms on my shifter.. i was wondering why if felt like it was binding up but only in high rpms

Quick Reply: The facts on HD Engine Mounts