Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Active Anti-theft system

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 12:22 AM
ABTMC

Default Active Anti-theft system

I have the Active Anti-Theft system on my 06 mustang, I can shake the car all day long and it will not sound the alarm, Is something wrong?
Old 03-28-2006, 12:29 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Active Anti-theft system

It's not really that type of Alarm. It will sound off if you have the alarm on and try to jack it up though. Possibly it'll go off if someone breaks a window, or smashes into your car? I'm not sure. I do know that it is indeed touchy when jacking it up. I was working on the car and forgot I locked the car, which engaged the alarm obviously... and I was jacking it up and suddenly it starting going off.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:31 AM
andyman
4th Gear Member

No, earlier tonight i had my car locked and the security engaged and was going to lift it to put the 02 sensors back in. Well, about halfway through the jacking process the alarm goes off and im like OH ****!!! My hands dove into my pockets to grab the keys, but came up with lint! so i run full speed up the stairs to my apartment, the alarm is going off the whole time, and then press the panic button as soon as my hands touch the remote. that turned it off

So yes, try that and it will go off. Also, lock the car so that it beeps but leave the windows down. Then reach inside to grab something and that should set off the motion detectors. This alone is quite scary when you are sleeping in the car and then move in your sleep, trust me
Old 03-28-2006, 12:42 AM
2006MustangGTNYC
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: andyman
So yes, try that and it will go off. Also, lock the car so that it beeps but leave the windows down. Then reach inside to grab something and that should set off the motion detectors. This alone is quite scary when you are sleeping in the car and then move in your sleep, trust me

Great - I'm calling Ford tomorrow with a "I can't sleep in my car from now on complaint" hahahah.....

Damn....
Old 03-28-2006, 12:55 AM
Scaught
2nd Gear Member

I left my son in my car(he's four) when I was talking to the guy who was going to do my exhaust. My boy got out of his seat and started to move around and BAM!!! the alarm went right off as soon as he climbed out of his car seat.

My son thought it was the coolest thing in the world...
Old 03-28-2006, 01:19 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Oh yes, I forgot to mention the whole... Sleeping in the car and the alarm going off thing... Oh, and how uncomfortable is it to sleep in the damned car!? I couldn't sleep in the Driver's seat... couldn't sleep in the back seat... I had to fold down the back seats, and sleep on the flat surface/half way in the trunk... lol. Then waking up in the middle of the night with the car going off... THat was... a very frustrated night.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:21 AM
2006MustangGTNYC
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Menace

Oh yes, I forgot to mention the whole... Sleeping in the car and the alarm going off thing... Oh, and how uncomfortable is it to sleep in the damned car!? I couldn't sleep in the Driver's seat... couldn't sleep in the back seat... I had to fold down the back seats, and sleep on the flat surface/half way in the trunk... lol. Then waking up in the middle of the night with the car going off... THat was... a very frustrated night.

Dood.... you made my night... thanks for the chuckle.... hehe...
Old 03-28-2006, 01:27 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

look at your dome lights on each side of it pointing to the rear of the car are two 3/8 inch holes they are motion sensors. if your windows are down when the alarm is set wave your arms inside and it goes off.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:39 AM
andyman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Menace

I just put the drivers seat all the way back and lay on my left side facing the door. my forehead rests against the pillar

it's not too bad for when you need to sleep a bit on those long drives. But then again, i am known to sleep anywhere.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:05 AM
TinPony
3rd Gear Member

I'm sure if you just manually push down each door lock button, you can sleep without the alarm sounding....