Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WHats Going on...??

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 02:12 AM
DragonPL
3rd Gear Member

Default WHats Going on...??

I posted this before on the Tech forum but I took my mustang to the dealer to get this chceked out and they said everything is fine ..On my new manual 2006 V6 when I’m about to park or stop, say I was in 3rd gear and I’m about to stop: I go into neutral, im pretty much stopped I let go of the clutch and the gas (now going about 5 miles per hour) I’m braking while in neutral and the engine keeps revving up it goes up to 2100RPMs (just like if I was hitting the gas pedal--which I though I might of been accidentally with the side of my foot but even when I take my feet well away from the pedals this still happens...) When that happens, if I floor the clutch than it stabilizes if not the RPMs go up and that after a little bit settle down…than again they go up to 2100RPMS and after like 2 seconds come back down,,,,THe thing is I drove another V6 Maual at the dealership and it did the same thing............
Old 04-01-2006, 02:45 AM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: WHats Going on...??

welcome to the wonders of modern technology...I hate the drivebywire on my v8 too. it dont do that, but you can count off a full six seconds after lifting throttle before rpm drops to give any engine braking. I just hold my clutch when stopped...very weird programming they gave us, hear its somehow for emissions- I think the rpm climb when releasing clutch is because its anticipating load to assist in stall prevention, but just a guess.