Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wcc/shelby cs6 hood

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 08:20 AM
rattsj
2nd Gear Member

Default wcc/shelby cs6 hood

Someone on here was saynig they really liked that cs6 hood can't remember who. Anyway at shopshelby you can order all the parts for the wcc/shelby design. Considering it myself but not sure if it will fit with twin screw s/c looks lower than the stock hood. Anyhow hope this helps folks with all of their modding dreams.

Old 04-14-2006, 09:15 AM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Default RE: wcc/shelby cs6 hood

Good find man.......thanks I do love that hood......but yea, I dunno if my Saleen s/c would fit under that thing

I think the radiator cover with the pre-fitted setup for the hood pins is a neat idea (don't know if I want to spend money just for that though). And for all those ppl who've been looking for a foglamp delete grill option for the GT....here ya go. The CS6 front facia coupled with a V6 upper grill and you're there. And while you're at it those brake vent ducts might be a cool idea for those of you that see some road course time.

And while it is rapidly becoming taboo to do Shelby emblems on our GT's.........that rear deck Shelby lettering kit is NIIIIIIICE.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:43 PM
slickyboy88

I was just looking at that site last night and I agree. I really like the hood and I like the Shelby lettering for the rear deck lid. I was thinking of doing the same thing myself when I get back to the states and get my new stang.
Old 04-15-2006, 12:41 AM
Stang Skeleton
3rd Gear Member

That hood looks really good. Although i cant quite find what it is made of and if it is functional. Anyone know this info? I dont want it to shake at high speeds on the freeway, which ive heard many aftermarket hoods doing. Any thoughts, does it make a difference in what material its made of?
Old 04-15-2006, 01:33 AM
rattsj
2nd Gear Member

Not positive but there are only two materials that it would be carbon fiber or fiberglass. It is a functional hood. As far as vibration goes I think you are going to have that with any hood. You are probably gonna have to invest in hood pins.
Old 04-15-2006, 05:32 AM
Stang Skeleton
3rd Gear Member

Thanx rattsj, now i read something somewhere that said it was not functional and im trying to figure out for sure because i really think its a great looking hood and well priced. Would you happen to know where i could find out for sure? Thanx
Old 04-15-2006, 07:53 AM
rattsj
2nd Gear Member

Best way to find out would be just to give them a phone call. But I believe its functional they offer the plastic vent inserts for it as well.
Old 04-15-2006, 02:03 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

I would think that if it has open rear facing vents that it would be considered a functional hood. I like that........I like that this hood has an escape route for the air that gets trapped under the front lip. This not only lowers under hood temps but also could help eliminate alot of the dreaded hood wobble that so many experience. I think I'm gonna look into this, I want to see if the hood clearance at the rear is the same as stock. I know the front portion is lower, but the back might be ok.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:08 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Just a little FYI for those who haven't looked closely into it yet: the Shelby CS6 hood is the same hood that is being used on the new Hertz GT-H renter cars.

....just in case anyone wanted to know.[8D]
Old 04-24-2006, 10:06 PM
05kecarr

yeah I was kind of suprised to find out that Hertz was going to have a special edition 'stang to rent out..anyway I was considering the PIAA fog lights on the CS6 (just to be different) and I'm in love with the lettering kit on the back but have decided to go old school and buy the vintage ones from the '60s stangs..no point in having my 05 6er say "shelby" if i'm not going to do it all right?

Quick Reply: wcc/shelby cs6 hood