Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

10 Second '05 Saleen

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 05:08 PM
kss3valve
1st Gear Member

Default RE: 10 Second '05 Saleen

I have the c-4 in the car with a two step and transbrake. Great trans, it robs some h/p but it is super consistent. My front struts are the Santhuff '05 replacement. They are awesome and work really good on the car. Pricey but worth every penny.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:13 PM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

I haven't looked at the trans a lot, how did you get around the speed sensor? Does the stock sender fit the C4's speedo cable location?
Old 04-19-2006, 05:38 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

Nice car but I'm sure your aware that better numbers have been seen by many without stripping it down. Justin Burcham ran in the 9's with virtually nothing stripped stock motor, powerhouse ran in the low 10's with virtually nothing stripped stock motor, vortech ran in the low 10's with virtually nothing stripped stock motor, etc, etc.

It is actually pretty easy to get in the low 10's on the stock motor - the trick is STAYING in the low 10's on the stock motor. I run in the low 11's on the stock motor with no weight reduction what-so-ever with a daily driver and have done so over 100 passes in the last year. You are making great times with the Saleen, there's no denying that and I commend you, but if you can do it for 50+ passes, then I'll be impressed. I'm suprised you didn't go with an 8 rib pulley set-up to help with the belt slip in high psi range.

Anyhow, congrats and I'm sure we'll see great things from you guys.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:01 PM
kss3valve
1st Gear Member

Nice car but I'm sure your aware that better numbers have been seen by many without stripping it down. Justin Burcham ran in the 9's with virtually nothing stripped stock motor, powerhouse ran in the low 10's with virtually nothing stripped stock motor, vortech ran in the low 10's with virtually nothing stripped stock motor, etc, etc.
Sorry guys, but I have to clarify one thing......... The motor in the car is OEM stock. KSS does not have the fastest mustang by far or the shiniest or pretiest or whatever........ We went in a different direction than anybody else, we converted the car to a race car to see how fast of an ET we could get the stock motor down to. Justin Bircham is the man! He was the first in the tens, first in the nines. He deserves all the respect that I can give him. His nine second pass really woke people up, however it was with a built motor. We are not in the same class as the other guys with turbos and nitrous and prochargers. When we have changed from OEM to a whipple, then we have a modified motor.

In terms of an 8 rib setup, that is not stock. So therefore I chose not to go that route. As of right now the belt does not slip on acceleration, only on lift.

100 passes on the stock motor is something to be proud of. Hopefully I will make it that far!!!
Old 04-19-2006, 06:05 PM
kss3valve
1st Gear Member

I haven't looked at the trans a lot, how did you get around the speed sensor? Does the stock sender fit the C4's speedo cable location?
In the Saleen, I have'nt got any drivetrain sensors hooked up. No wheel speed sensors or gearbox sensors. There is also not a dashboard or gauge cluster in the car either. We were able to override all of that on the dyno.

Old 04-19-2006, 06:29 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: kss3valve

Sorry guys, but I have to clarify one thing......... The motor in the car is OEM stock. KSS does not have the fastest mustang by far or the shiniest or pretiest or whatever........ We went in a different direction than anybody else, we converted the car to a race car to see how fast of an ET we could get the stock motor down to. Justin Bircham is the man! He was the first in the tens, first in the nines. He deserves all the respect that I can give him. His nine second pass really woke people up, however it was with a built motor. We are not in the same class as the other guys with turbos and nitrous and prochargers. When we have changed from OEM to a whipple, then we have a modified motor.

In terms of an 8 rib setup, that is not stock. So therefore I chose not to go that route. As of right now the belt does not slip on acceleration, only on lift.

100 passes on the stock motor is something to be proud of. Hopefully I will make it that far!!!
I am totally impressed with your saleen numbers but I am a little confused on one thing - You're talking about OEM, but you obviously had to change the pulley to get your boost so wouldn't that count as changing the OEM saleen? Also, I'd be shocked if you didn't have to up your injectors to at least #39's too. Throw in the custom tune and technically you are running on the stock block and internals with bolt-on's which as I said, similiar numbers have been done without gutting the car. I'm not busting your *****, and I am 100% impressed with the numbers regardless of whoever else has made them. You are, no doubt, in a select league, but I just want to clarify the claims, ya know? Did you also use the SCT to tune the car or diablo? What a/f device did you go with? I've been around a lot of saleens and I just know you have to add to the kit to get 12 psi so I'm just curious what specific additions you made.

And thanks for the koodos - but it is a matter of WHEN not IF for all of us pushing the envelope. I'm currently building a 302 stroker and going with an art carr 4 speed AOD with trans brake and tuner. I would LOVE to see some video of your runs....
Old 04-19-2006, 06:48 PM
kss3valve
1st Gear Member

Yup, its gonna blow big!! Here are the specs.......

frpp matched 39lb injectors with cpr fuel rails, converted to return style.
JDM Upper pulley
Innovators west crank
mixmatched ford 6-rib pulleys
custom tensioner and a/c delete
extended bypass valve arm to clear fuel rails
-8 fuel lines
c&L racers pipe
Predator and MaFia

Old 04-19-2006, 08:07 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: kss3valve

Yup, its gonna blow big!! Here are the specs.......

frpp matched 39lb injectors with cpr fuel rails, converted to return style.
JDM Upper pulley
Innovators west crank
mixmatched ford 6-rib pulleys
custom tensioner and a/c delete
extended bypass valve arm to clear fuel rails
-8 fuel lines
c&L racers pipe
Predator and MaFia

Now that makes a lot sense...thank you. Fuel issues are always the toughest part of my builds. best of luck and I'm sure we'll be seeing awesome things from you guys...

EDIT - and VERY impressed if you are still on a single fuel pump without the KB boost-a-pump.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:21 PM
WallyJ

kss3,

Congrats on the great et's. One question, is this the "stock" Supercharged or Extreme motor you are running?

Thanks
Old 04-19-2006, 10:50 PM
kss3valve
1st Gear Member

Now that makes a lot sense...thank you. Fuel issues are always the toughest part of my builds. best of luck and I'm sure we'll be seeing awesome things from you guys...

EDIT - and VERY impressed if you are still on a single fuel pump without the KB boost-a-pump

Weldon racing fuel pump turned up to 62psi at idle. air fuel curve is 11.8-1 right accross the board. 5-galllon intercooler cell and fuel cell in the trunk.

Quick Reply: 10 Second '05 Saleen