Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rpm outlet lies about orders

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 07:47 PM
matto1975
2nd Gear Member

Default rpm outlet lies about orders

I am not too happy with rpmoutlet right now. I ordered my whipple s/c on the 27th of March and called as recently as today to find out about the status. They said it was shipped to them on the 14th of April so they could package it and ship it to me in the "kit". I called whipple today to ask a technical question (fuel injectors sent with the kit) and they told me that it won't ship for a few more weeks. I told them what rpmoutlet had told me and they responded "yeah, thats rpmoutlet" I am really pissed because I gave them over 5k last month and I can't even get a straight answer about the status.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:10 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: rpm outlet lies about orders

You are not the only one that is not happy with them.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:56 PM
matto1975
2nd Gear Member

yeah, I called my credit card and they said I can get a complete refund and they would go after them for the money. It falls under non-delivery. I also filed a complaint to the bbb. I have been getting the runaround for weeks now and I am finally fed up. Nobody should ever waste their money on rpmoutlets products......as soon as I get my money I am going to get the saleen, rouch, or kenne bell...any suggestions on which one would be the best.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:02 PM
matto1975
2nd Gear Member

oops....roush
Old 04-21-2006, 09:55 PM
mongrull006
2nd Gear Member

i am just curious why you have chosen to switch s/c?

have you tried lethal performance
Old 04-21-2006, 11:01 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

I agree, I ordered my X-Pipe from them. I think that their shipping information is terrible with there b.s free shipping on some products but not others. I don't care about the shipping payment that much but when they try and b.s you realize it at the checkout... It's just not being honest to me personally, as I am not always going to take the time to read their little policy on which items have free shipping. Example: Stainless Steel Products from Bassani get free shipping! I could go into more detail, but just prefer to stay away from their business.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:41 PM
matto1975
2nd Gear Member

the reason I am looking into another s/c is because whipple said it will be a few more weeks until they ship. that means that nobody will have them. I am already 4 weeks behind the ball on my s/c and I really want one fast. I put my gauges in about 1 1/2 weeks ago thinking the s/c was soon to follow...I feel kind of like a poser with the gauges and no s/c...LOL
Old 04-21-2006, 11:47 PM
dlevene77

Customer service is everything these days, i know it's not 5 grand but i got a complete exhaust system from brad and his service and tech advice was great give them a try www.strippermotorsports.com
Old 04-22-2006, 02:06 AM
M
2nd Gear Member

+1million on the bad service at rpmoutlet. i will never ever order anything from them at all.

i have been dealing with them to help out over a faulty gauge that i purchased from them amongst other things and they just dont plain care

plus get this, i wanted them to overnight me a gauge they said was in stock but was truly on backorder and the only way i found that out was because it didnt show up with the rest of the order, so since they misrepresented what they didnt have i asked for expedited shipping and they said it would add $105 to overnight it from houston, i live in pittsburgh and a guage weighs like 2 ibs with the box...ohhh what a good one. i said forget it and bought another one from dagostino racing

now im back to dagostino racing to help me get a working gauge then i'll just go through autometer for the warranty replacement and sell it on ebay or something

oh btw the reason im just not going thru autometer now is because the gauge is already in the car and i dont want a gapping hole, just a vanity thing but bottomline is rpm outlets customer service is lacking
Old 04-22-2006, 09:35 AM
PullMeOverRed05
3rd Gear Member

I've only delt with them once (DiabloSport Predator) and I must be in the minority here. I got it for a good price AND it showed up ahead of time.

Sorry to hear you are getting jerked around

Quick Reply: rpm outlet lies about orders