Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dents?

Old 04-28-2006, 12:30 AM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

Default dents?

well i have a little tiny on the back of my mustang, its not really even a dent you can't really tell its there but when you look ait from angle you see where it got hit at, its nothing big but its defiently bothering me, what do you guys recommend i do with it?
Old 04-28-2006, 05:53 PM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

Default RE: dents?

bump
Old 04-28-2006, 06:01 PM
JStang78
2nd Gear Member

What are the dimensions (width, depth, etc.)? If it's deep and obvious, but say, smaller than the size of a quarter (or a bit bigger) and you really, really, REALLY want to get rid of it, you could fill it in with Bondo (or other epoxy body filler) and paint over that. If it's larger, you might be able to get it pulled or pounded out....otherwise I think you may have to learn to overlook it (or get some body accessory that might cover it). The problem with small dents is you either have to go extremes to fix it, or you just have to live with it. Attempting to "fix" a small dent can do more damage than you currently have.
Old 04-28-2006, 06:18 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

paintless dent repair.
Old 04-28-2006, 06:21 PM
hottymustang
2nd Gear Member

+1 paintless dent....i have used it on previous cars, its fantastic!
Old 04-28-2006, 06:25 PM
Wicked Pony
3rd Gear Member

We had a hail storm a couple of weeks ago (about marble size) and I had my Mustang covered with a Wolf cover. I just noticed one small dent almost right below the left side quarter window. You can only see it if you look at it at a certain angle though. Some of my boyfriend's friends work in body shops and could pick the dent out for me. It only took me 2 weeks to notice so It's not that bad.
Old 04-28-2006, 06:30 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

++++1111. If you do anything this it what you must do (Dent Wizard, etc. no sanding, bondo, paint, ITS AMAZING what they are doing) I've seen a couple of before and afters and I still can't believe it. New car dealerships have these guys very busy; the result cannot be better; it's PERFECT!!!

Stay away from the body shop until you have seen these folks first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-28-2006, 06:38 PM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

Hmm, yeah its a very tiny dent, more like a tiny disruption in the paint/body then anything else on my rear bumper, my moms suv backed into my mustang and just barely touched it... so you guys would recommend dent wizard?

also for my chin spoiler that i've scratched up over the months lol... ive been backing up into every parking spot so no more of the scratches or anything but, can i just simply get the guys who originally painted to repaint it for me or is there a better/cheaper alternative? (there is the one big scratch on it from where i rubbed up against a curb, then alot of stress marks on it from that one rub up)
Old 04-28-2006, 06:46 PM
JStang78
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fairlane292

++++1111. If you do anything this it what you must do (Dent Wizard, etc. no sanding, bondo, paint, ITS AMAZING what they are doing) I've seen a couple of before and afters and I still can't believe it. New car dealerships have these guys very busy; the result cannot be better; it's PERFECT!!!

Stay away from the body shop until you have seen these folks first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'd never heard of this until now...looked on the Dent Wizard site, and that looks like some amazing stuff! They just massage the dents out?!
Old 04-28-2006, 07:03 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

many dents have no damage to underlying color. paintless dent repair will get it close to, if not 100% perfect; scrapes in the clear that aren't through to the base color can easily be brought back to perfection by a top notch detailing shop. Your chin spoiler needs to be redone.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: dents?