Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

so disappointed with Ford service!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 12:08 PM
tangtang
2nd Gear Member

Default so disappointed with Ford service!!!

Some of you may rememer or not. At about 8000 miles i was having very strange problems with my mustang that the dealership wasn't able "to reproduce" so in turn not able to fix. Car would start into rough idle and then stall, gas tank wouldn't fill normally(TSB), rear suspension would pop, automatic windows go down unevenly etc etc etc. I had the car towed to the dealer**** where it stood around for 7 straight days without anything getting fixed. When i went to pick it up, they had lost my keys and broken my hoodpins. After the insult of them not being able to fix anything AND breaking my pins without willing to pay for replacements I wrote a letter to the Corp!!! I shortly after received a letter and several phone calls stating that if my "non-reproducable" problem should ever occur again to notify them first before bringing it into the dealership.
So here I am at 11000 miles and the same problem again. Had the car towed to the dealer**** late that day and called ford corp to tell them about this ongoing dilema. The told me it would be handled through corporate now and I would not have any problems.
So, now to the good part. When I went to the dealership to pick up a rental car (2006 F-150 with 5000 miles on it) I spoke to the service advisor and he told me that my car was already in the shop and someone from croporate had called to arrange it. pleasantly suprised #1
A week later, which was today the dealer**** called me for an update. My gas tank has been replaced, rear suspension has been replaced, CPU has been replaced, one window regulator has been replaced, they were waiting on one more part.
NOW HERE IS THE BIG QUESTION!

WTF TOOK SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ****ING LONG??????? why is it that you buy a brand new car from a dealer**** and they give you **** when it breaks????
Old 05-10-2006, 12:30 PM
W1ldcat
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: so disappointed with Ford service!!!

I guess some dealser need a kick in the A$$ to get things done.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:36 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Thats totally bull, i'm lucky I haven't had to go for any warrenty work yet until now. I have to get the seatbelt lock replaced because it has a problem releasing for some reason (no I didn't spill anything in it, I don't allow food/drinks in my car) so hopefully I don't have a problem with them. Back to your situation, they shouldn't of give you any crap and I don't understand how they can say we can't fix it. It's a brand new car and you payed for it with a warranty so it should be fixed immediately or given another car which actually happened to my first stang in which a few ground wires shorted out and they couldn't find the problem for a few days... I said just give me another stang I don't want this one because with only 200 miles this **** is already happening (btw the car just shut off in the middle of a major four lane road and I had to push the car off to the side) so I told them I wanted a new car and waited a few days to take delivery on one about 150 miles away with the same options. They had given me some free wheel locks for my inconvenience. I hope everything gets fully straighted out with you and that you have no problems in the future.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:36 PM
kcary
2nd Gear Member

I don't know if you took the time to notice who was there the first time you took it in, but more than likely at least one person is no longer at that dealership now. Ford does not take kindly to people complaining to corporate. They will very quickly fire people at that dealership for things like that. This comes from first hand experience.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:30 PM
razol
1st Gear Member

On the bright side, they seem to be taking care of you now. It is a shame that it took such an effort to get them motivated.
Old 05-10-2006, 07:09 PM
DStang05
2nd Gear Member

Don't you just hate it when customer service sucks!!!
Old 05-10-2006, 07:29 PM
Silky_Johnston
2nd Gear Member

That really blows dude! Good thing you kept on them!!!

Old 05-10-2006, 10:00 PM
Andys06GT
2nd Gear Member

hmm.. maybe some problems are arrising because of the GINORMOUS list of crap put on a car that only has, what, 200 miles? engine isnt broken in, computer isnt even settled... wait. this gives me an idea... new thread.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:39 PM
demarcom
2nd Gear Member

I would say it s*cks to be you and you got bad luck, but then I looked at your signiture, and if that's your girl, I dont feel sorry.... your one lucky SOB
Old 05-10-2006, 10:50 PM
Redfire
3rd Gear Member

Another thing to remember right now is that Ford is hurting for sales like GM and the rest of them. [Except for the ricers, of course.] So the dealers arent in as big a hurry to fix peoples cars now as in fatter times. Its a fine line. They might have to balance between spending a ton of dough to fix your car or losing a potential new car customer. But I think the head office is more willing to take the chance than the dealers, hence action was taken when you went to them.

Quick Reply: so disappointed with Ford service!!!