Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'07 interior upgrade materials?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 06:08 PM
AirForceGeorge
1st Gear Member

Default '07 interior upgrade materials?

So I read the '07's will have a "soft touch" interior upgrade option in '07 for the armrests/console/dash etc. Great idea, though a little late. Anyone know more about this? I'm hopin to be able to get the upgrade pieces put in my '06. Is this gonna be difficult or will dealers be able to do it/sell an upgrade kit? Otherwise I'll be heading to an upholstery shop to get something done about some of the comfort issues I'm having with it.

What would be awesome for 07 would be a dark green color option. I saw a Motor Trend article awhile back where they painted an 05 dark Green and took it to the same San Fran roads used in Bullit with a black charger. While I like my torch THAT is the color I really want.
Old 05-16-2006, 06:31 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

Default RE: '07 interior upgrade materials?

Agreed, i see know reason you wont be able to get this Stuff and upgrade it to out cars..

Loved that color also..
Old 05-16-2006, 06:47 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Thats one thing I dont like about the interior, aside from the actual seats, everything is like.. plastic.. would love to have some other material available to cover that, especially the armrest in the middle.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:03 PM
Jiraiya
2nd Gear Member

'07s will not have a dark green option. I know this for a fact. There are two new colors, an orange and I believe a new gray, but if they were going to offer a Highland Green (that's the color that they custom painted the car in that MT article, as an homage to Bullitt, which featured a Highland Green Mustang), I would have waited for the '07s instead of ordering my Vista Blue '06. I love that green.

As for the other upgrades...I have no idea about those[:'(]
Old 05-16-2006, 10:09 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

I looked into it as I almost waited for an 07 but because of ford and dealer BS went with an 06.

Anyway, from what I gather, the charcoal upper dash pad, console lid, and some section of the door panels, get covered in leather.

BUT, to get that option, you have to have two tone seats and a different color rug, different door panel color scheme, etc. Basicly light inserts with darker bolsters or something.

I havent seen photos yet but have never been a two tone fan on seats. On the rest of the interior I like light and dark colors, which is why I went with light graphite, but I wouldent want striped seats.

Only problem with more leather in the interior. The leather on the door panels and console lid usually wear out much quicker and age much faster than the plastic. And the leather on the dash just fries because of the heat and the sun.

If anyone is familiar with porsches at all with full leather interiors you know what I mean. The dashboards and upper door panels usually fry and get faded within a few years if you use the car. Now, the leather ford uses is coated, un-natural surface leather, so it is more durable. But it still might be a problem.

Usually, porsches with the regular partial leather interior look much newer after a few years than the full leather cars.

But if it looks good on the stang, I dont see why we cant order the parts from ford. Just like you can order any GT-500 parts you want from ford when it comes out.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:01 AM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

I doubt it's leather or they would call it such. The 2007 order guide lists this option as the "Premier Trim w/ Color Accent Package" and describes it as "wrapped & stitched IP brow & center console lid, upgraded door armrests (w/ stitching), and aluminum pedal covers." This is probably the same treatment that can be seen on the Shelby, it also has a dash brow with decorative stitching.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:32 AM
classj
4th Gear Member

Your right on that one, though one dealer did tell me leather.

I guess when I hear wrapped and stitched, the next term that hits my head is leather. Not that the so called leather door panel inserts on the car now resemble natural leather in any way. But they look nice and are probably durable.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:38 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

==Not that the so called leather door panel inserts on the car now resemble natural leather in any way==

Yeah, that's what makes me think it probably isn't leather, even on the "leather" interior the seating surfaces are all that is really leather. The rest is vinyl (including the bolsters, headrests, seat backs, etc.)