Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yet another question.

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 01:19 AM
rebelyell06
2nd Gear Member

Default Yet another question.

I went down to the local race shop today and spoke with the owner about the CAI and Tuner I'm about to order. He voiced a concern that a prior customer of his ran into when he applied the tune and cai on his 05 GT. The driver of that car complained about bad wheel hop when he would floor it and that he was about to install stronger control arms in the rear to fix it. I was wondering if anybody else had the problem because I dont' know if I'm going to like the idea of my rear end shaking everytime I floor it.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:51 AM
F00Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Yet another question.

Sorry, that's the price for high horsepower.

But, just to let you know, it has nothing to do with the tuner and CAI, it's part of the factory suspension. Just to prove it, do a burnout, you'll notice a bouncing sensation comming from the rear of your car as the back end begins to slide sideways.

The only remedy for this is new and improved suspension parts. I just installed new BMR LCA's today and they greatl helped with the wheel hop.

Get the tuner and CAI, you won't regret it.
Old 06-02-2006, 03:33 AM
WildRed
2nd Gear Member

+1 thats why im breaking my mods down like this
1 style
2 suspention
3 brakes (more wo)
4 engine (more go)

adding all the hp in the world wont do anygood unless your car is built to handle it. suspention, tires, brakes ect ect thats why adding hp is last on my list. JMO
Old 06-02-2006, 12:29 PM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

Mine has the SCT 2 tune and a MAC CAI and have zero wheel hop. With the TCS on I get no or very little wheel spin, with it off, hold on!! Also, smokin in 1st, and 2nd, 3rd gear chirps with the TCS off with the automatic.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:29 PM
rebelyell06
2nd Gear Member

He told me that the predator cuts out TCS all together. Then he priced me some BMR control arms at 450 bucks. I can buy the pair for cheaper at their website and have a buddy install.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:42 PM
rebelyell06
2nd Gear Member

Unless rpmoutlet.com emails me back and fixes their page it doesn't look like I'm ordering anything right now. I'm trying to order their AEM Bruteforec and Diablosport Predator tuner package, but it is an options package so I have another cai I can choose from and another tuner, SCT, I can choose from. When I click to order I can choose the CAI, but not which tuner.
Old 06-02-2006, 03:54 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

RPM outlet is not the most reliable place to order from. I would try Brenspeed or another reputable tuner, you don't have to buy their tunes preloaded. He could just sell you the parts like any other place. His cust svce is 2nd to none.

[IMG]local://upfiles/16153/9EAC4252460C42D8BAEBD67F79DC4141.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-02-2006, 04:52 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Have you all seen the new Mustang GT commercial where the son is doing a burnout with his dad in the passenger seat - watch the wheel in the very bigging when they take off, VERY noticeable wheel hope from the get go.

I haven't done a REAL burnout in my car yet, but when I break loose on "give it hell" takeoffs I don't notice any hop, so maybe the lowered Saleen suspension helps out in that department
Old 06-02-2006, 08:42 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

I'm sure it does.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:58 PM
rebelyell06
2nd Gear Member

They noticed the problem when I called and I had to place the order by phone. It should be in around this time next week. I got the AEM Bruteforce CAI and the Predator tuner. I got a great deal according to what the prices of the individual parts cost compared to what I paid for in the package deal. If I had bought them seperate from them I would have paid 690 bucks. The package deal was only 500 plus free shipping. What is even better is AEM listed the same CAI on their website at 404.00 dollars. So not only was it cheaper individually at rpmoutlet, I got even cheaper because of the package deal. 200 bucks for a 400 dollar intake is a steal.

Quick Reply: Yet another question.