Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Colors

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 01:55 AM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Default RE: My Colors

Now if only the rest of the lights worked witht he IUP.... seems odd to have one color of lights on the panel and another for climate controls and radio.
+1!!
Old 06-08-2006, 02:52 AM
Black06stang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

OOO I didnt know that.. I have it .. just didnt know it was an option, I thought it was a standard thing
It was a standard option in 2005, but in 2006 in was not standard.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:48 AM
NewRoushPonyOwner
2nd Gear Member

EXCELLENT Question, and I'd like to add... can you re-add the my color option if it was disabled by Roush performance when they added their gauges. My car started out as the deluxe package before Roush did their thing, would it have had it?? It'd be the only thing Id want to change about my interior... does anyone know??
Old 06-08-2006, 04:00 AM
LEJAY
I ♥ Acer

I'm not sure if they disabled it, when the added their package. A lot of times the original sticker goes with the car, to show the buyer what they "started" with. Do you have that ?
If not, you may need to call them, and ask if it was there.
I don't know, but, that's a great question !
Let us know what you find out.
GOOD LUCK
Old 06-08-2006, 04:05 AM
rattsj
2nd Gear Member

You can order a new cluster from any ford Dealer. Will be a pain to pull and wire. You will also need to get the sensors for the two additional guages and would also imagine your ECU will need to be reprogrammed. I know a cluster is 299.99 but I think you are in for a very expensive project if you try and do it.

I have the my color it is cool but if I were you I would spend my 500+ bucks on something else. Its cool but not that cool.
Old 06-08-2006, 04:18 AM
LEJAY
I ♥ Acer

+1
The novelty of MC wears off quickly, I've stayed with the purple or red, and haven't really tried to figure out the 125 different combos, nor do I care to. It came with the BR AL Dash, and sills, that's what I wanted.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:16 AM
persistantthug
2nd Gear Member

I think it would be cruel comedy if after you spent hours on it and lots of $$$. And just as you finished your proud proud job all by yourself with something you in general aren't to good at, you take it to the dealership to get the Chip reflashed to get the gauges all working well. And just as they bring you back the car keys for you to take the car back home, the Service guy tells you how impressive the job you did as he wasn't even aware it was possible. He smiles admirably, finally handing you your keys along with the bill and another slip of paper. It reads:

WARRANTY VOID!
Old 06-08-2006, 12:05 PM
NewRoushPonyOwner
2nd Gear Member

everyone is making great points on how it'll probly be more time consuming and expensive to have it installed from scratch, plus its definitely not worth losing your warranty over (lol at persitantthug). The Roush gauges light up a neon light green though that I really don't like. [:@]I had a vague hope theyd just be able to flip a switch or put a couple led bulbs back in if I'd had the option to begin with. I looked at the original vehicle description of my car pre_roush, and its oder code 170A-dlx conv GT. Nothing interior related on the optional equipment so do y'all think I had it or not?? Thank for the info guys!!

btw, here's the best picture I have of my dash.

[IMG]local://upfiles/38353/108417B8AE1346AB8CC3943A067AA8FF.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-08-2006, 02:44 PM
Thetics
2nd Gear Member

explain why your warrenty would be voided? thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard. A company cannot void your warrenty unless they can PROVE, not just claim, but PROVE, that (so to speak, a problem was accuring on the part which you modified, improved, whatever!) the problem is being caused by the after market product or self installation. And if they do prove it.. your warrenty only on THAT SPECIFIC PART is voided. from my understanding anyway.
Old 06-08-2006, 04:11 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

The novelty wears off quickly..i have yet to experiment with 125 colors...

Usually use Blue or MYC

Spendyour money on a CAI..

Quick Reply: My Colors