Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AHHHHHHHHHHH

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 03:02 PM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

Default AHHHHHHHHHHH

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH so today, my last day of school for the year and me being howcareful i always am.... when iwas parking my stang at my house i pulle dinto close and hit my dads car FHSDSFLHSDKJFSD

now i have a dent in front of my car, its easy to miss if you just glance at the front but once you get close you'll notice it. its like like bent intorwards the car

any suggestions on whati should do

ps, i have a cdc chin spoiler so like if i WERE to get a new bumper, could i just take the chin spoiler off this one and put it on the new one? because the chin spoiler is not only screwed in but its also being held on by 3m tape?
Old 06-12-2006, 03:13 PM
Patience?!?

Default RE: AHHHHHHHHHHH

If the paint hasn't cracked (or spider-webbed) ... then all you will have to do is take it to the body shop let them heat up the bumper and form it back to the way it was. It wouldn't expect it to cost much more than a 100 bucks to do that. The only reason you would need a new bumper is if the bumper was cracked or broken, but it doesn't sound like you have that problem.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:15 PM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

yeah, it literally looks like someone just punched it (with very very small hands, or poked it with something) paint hasnt cracked but uh whats spider webbed?
Old 06-12-2006, 03:18 PM
Cowtown
2nd Gear Member

Looks like a windsheild that took a rock or bat and is cracking outwards from the impact spot, umm kinda like a spiderweb.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:22 PM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

thats what i though it was but just wanted to confirm lol, yeah the paint is perfectly fine... soa body shop will be able to get it out?
Old 06-12-2006, 06:53 PM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

bump
Old 06-12-2006, 07:07 PM
Andys06GT
2nd Gear Member

was this a present from pappi? or did a work yer *** off during summer to buy it?
Old 06-12-2006, 07:48 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

damn that sucks man...

when i park my car ( i always park it in reverse ) there is this wooden pole its not big but it holds a tree.. anyway ... it was late night and i reversed slowly and i couldnt see anything being new to my tint and luckily i had my windows down so i heard some sound so when i looked at my rear bumper there is this small 0.5 MM dent ... I almost had a heart attack lol ... the dent will never be seen unless it was soo bright and you were soo close... havent done anything... I kept it so that whenever i see my rear bumper i learn my lesson...

and also once i parked in a mall parking near a black ford explorer... and my little bro was with me .. I was taking him to buy a new video game and he was soo happy ... he couldnt wait for me to open his door the moment i was coming to his door he slammed the door on the explorer .. and maaan i saw that white color on the explorers door and i almost killed myself for taking him.. he is 5 years old btw.. when i looked close at the mustang .. nothing was there... and u can only see it close. not even on my door.. .. i felt sorry for the explorer owner so i left him a paper with my phone # ... and everything went great...

i just hope nothing bad goes to my mustang anymore .. and every mustang out there....
Old 06-12-2006, 09:32 PM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Andys06GT

was this a present from pappi? or did a work yer *** off during summer to buy it?
both, not to mention all the work i have to do now, a job and just about every task that needs to be done around the house, but at the end of the day i can say thats my mustang
Old 06-12-2006, 09:45 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Andys06GT

I don't think that matters at all. Back to the question at hand...

Yes. A body shop can pull it for about $100 and you'll be hard pressed to notice it was ever damaged. You gotta love plastic.

Quick Reply: AHHHHHHHHHHH