Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking for some stories

Old 06-20-2006, 12:14 AM
matto1975
2nd Gear Member

Default looking for some stories

I posted a few days ago about my troubles with an order cancel with rpmoutlet. I got an email from them today and they are threatening legal action, if needed, for slander. I did a lot of research about this and found that since I wrote it, it is actually libel not slander...but anyway. What I posted was the truth so I am not too worried about it because the law states "the defendant has to knowingly have said a false statement." I got a BBB report on the company to prove they already have a bad reputation and I kept all correspondence with them so I have proof of my statements. I am looking for any other bad experiences with them so I have even more firepower. I am not trying to ruin this company by any means but I feel like I was treated unfairly so I wanted to share my experience with other Mustang lovers. We all work hard for our money and love our ponies.....we just want to be treated with respect. Please send any info to my email...matto1975@sc.rr.com or respond to this post. We need to stick together so we can afford to beat those d@mn vettes and ricers...thx for any input.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:17 AM
matto1975
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: looking for some stories

sorry, this is the original.....

https://mustangforums.com/m_1515927/tm.htm
Old 06-20-2006, 12:24 AM
matto1975
2nd Gear Member

by the way, I was also accused of posting that first post to "extort" my money back. To be honest I never thought that a forum post would sway anybody into giving my money back. I was looking out for my fellow Stangers!!!!
Old 06-20-2006, 12:35 AM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Don't worry, they have NO CASE! You said nothing that wasn't true and they cannot show anywhere what you posted was a lie.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:41 AM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

well is they have to go to these measures to keep people from critizing them then they don't need my buisness.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:01 AM
SweetGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Timmay!!!

well is they have to go to these measures to keep people from critizing them then they don't need my buisness.
I always read post like this because I dont like to order parts from companys thats dont 1. have good customer support 2. Cant deliver what they "say they have" 3. Try to screw the customer when "they messed up" or u have to cancel your order fro some reason.

Please post any stories about bad experiences with performance retailers to (specificly the one stated) help this guy out. I was goin to order some headers from them because they have great prices on them, but if that means they dont have it in stock or they have to drop ship them or somethin like that i might not order from them.

Thanks, Mike
Old 06-20-2006, 01:17 AM
classj
4th Gear Member

It is only slander if you lie or state things like "So and so is a F'ing cheat and a moron".

But if you state your opinion, which you are perfectly entitled to, and an accurate account of the story, it is my understanding tht you can tell that to 1 million people on national broadcast tv without having any type of exposure.

Old 06-20-2006, 01:26 AM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

They can forget my business as well. All I needed to hear was that they threatened you with a lawsuit. That tells me everything I need to know about their business ethics. I don't care how bad they think they were wronged by you, there are far better ways than legal action to deal with problems.
Old 06-20-2006, 02:09 AM
superiormirage
2nd Gear Member

They can forget my business as well. All I needed to hear was that they threatened you with a lawsuit. That tells me everything I need to know about their business ethics. I don't care how bad they think they were wronged by you, there are far better ways than legal action to deal with problems.
+1.

Instead of biting the bullet, refunding your money (which would have caused you to post that you had been taken care of.), and acting as a good retail company should with an upset customer, they decided to be asses about the whole thing? Forget it. I was going to order a suspenion setup from them, but I'll spend my money with a company who takes care of its customers. (Brenspeed and Evolution Performance come to mind.)

Good luck to you Matt1975, we're all behind you.