Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Katzkins Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 01:44 PM
Black06stang
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Katzkins Installed!

Yeah definately put the headrests back on. The are not for looks, they are required for protection if you are rear ended.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:49 PM
PullMeOverRed05
3rd Gear Member

Nice look man.. However I do agree with the other guys. Put those headrests back on.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:00 PM
mail906
2nd Gear Member

Seats look great.

Do anyone have photos of Katzkin leather seats that are black seats with red inserts? If you can provide me with a link, that would be great. I'm about to order those, and I'd love to see them on a Mustang. Thanks.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:56 PM
CainMotorsports2102
3rd Gear Member

you all are probably right. I love the look of them without the headrest but i may need to put them back on for safety. Ive raced sprint cars and karts comnpetitively for years and have a very strong neck and have been able to withstand some bad accidents..but one unsuspecting hit could make things very bad.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:02 PM
allfyre
3rd Gear Member

I think they look fantastic, and I've been thinging about getting some myself but but please, for safety's sake put your head-restraints back on. If you get rear-ended in that car you could get really, really f***ed up.

Getting a more musclecar-like look isn't worth being paralyzed.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:03 PM
allfyre
3rd Gear Member

I was thinking about getting some of those, black with the "Maraschino" inserts.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:35 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CainMotorsports2102

you all are probably right. I love the look of them without the headrest but i may need to put them back on for safety. Ive raced sprint cars and karts comnpetitively for years and have a very strong neck and have been able to withstand some bad accidents..but one unsuspecting hit could make things very bad.
"Unsuspecting" is exactly right. Many years ago I was in a '69 Camaro with a buddy of mine driving and my brother in the front passenger seat. I was in the back seat (no headrests). I lifted weights and ran religiously and had a strong neck for sure. We got bumped at about 5 mph and it whipped my head back so fast I never knew what happened. I couldn't believe the pain! It did go away after a few days, but I can only imagine if we had been hit at 30 mph instead of 5! There was no damage at all to his car, that's how gentle the bump was. That made a headrest believer out of me! So I'm assuming the seat skins didn't come with headrest covers? You can no doubt get them done cheaply at an upholstery shop, I wouldn't want to put cloth ones back on over leather seats either, I can understand where you're coming from. Nice work on the install by the way, I've done seats before and know what a PAIN it is!!
Old 06-26-2006, 05:51 PM
CainMotorsports2102
3rd Gear Member

oh the headrest covers came with it, ive already wrapped them. I just havent marked and cut the holes in the top of the leatehr yet to run the headrest post down through..thats all i gotta do
Old 06-26-2006, 10:15 PM
jaiasmit
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for the post and pics. I never even thought about covering my cloth seats before, but now it's definitely on my list of improvements.

Did you go with the Premium leather upgrade? How is the quality of the leather?
Old 06-26-2006, 10:48 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

Looks good

BUT

Headrests=Good idea in case of accident

If not easily covered. Why not consider ordering some factory leather headrests for the front?? Maybe they will match and just be a pop-on.

Quick Reply: Katzkins Installed!