Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keyless remote question

Old 06-28-2006, 09:11 PM
Skoshi42
2nd Gear Member

Default Keyless remote question

I have an 06 Mustang with keyless remote, yadda yadda... and when I unlock my doors, my turn signals dont flash? is this how it supposed to be? Just the other day, I was watching some tourists in their rental 06 Mustang, he used the keyless entry and when he unlocked his doors, the turn signals flashed twice.. and when he locked it, it flashed once... Mines only flashes once when it locks.. Is it just me, or does everybody elses Mustang do that?

Also please dont get mad for me asking, i didnt know where else to ask or post.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:14 PM
BLACK06GT4ME
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Keyless remote question

Had to check but mine is the same as yours. If it's a problem you aint alone.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:41 PM
ScottRNelson
2nd Gear Member

Mine flashes once when I lock it and doesn't flash anything when I unlock it. I'll get two flashes if I lock it when the trunk is open.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:52 PM
BAMFstang
3rd Gear Member

Same with mine.

I thought it was odd because every vehicle I've had with keyless entry always flashed the lights when locking and unlocking.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:34 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

Same here. Maybe cars with the active anti theft are different.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:52 PM
Anomalus1
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: classj

Same here. Maybe cars with the active anti theft are different.
I have the active alarm system and mine only flashes when i lock the car, doesn't flash when i unlock it.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:25 PM
lureynol
1st Gear Member

Mine don't flash when I unlock it, my theory goes that there are car thiefs who will hang in lots and wait until they see those flashes, while the owner is still a distance from their car, and so hop in and quickly steal the car, but that may be just my paranoid mind.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:41 PM
BigDave
3rd Gear Member

It would help if the thief had the keys...
Old 06-28-2006, 11:48 PM
Skoshi42
2nd Gear Member

Okay, i guess im not the only one.... maybe it was just an earlier 05 Mustang, and Ford just did away with it, just like their Remote Power Down windows.. (Remote Power Down- by holding unlock on the key fob, all doors unlock and windows automatically roll down)... thanks anyway guys, this is a great forum BTW... glad to see others enjoy their mustang just as much as I do mines...
Old 06-29-2006, 12:21 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

THIS is what the book says... Page 67 and 68.

If there are problems with the remote entry system, make sure to take ALL remote entry transmitters with you to the authorized dealer in order to aid in troubleshooting the problem.

Unlocking the doors

1. Press and release to unlock the driver’s door. Note: The interior lamps will illuminate and the active anti-theft system (if equipped) will disarm.

2. Press and release again within three seconds to unlock the passenger door.

Locks and Security

Locking the doors
1. Press and release to lock all the doors. Note: The interior lamps will turn off (unless the dome lamp control is in the full-up position), and the turn signal lamps will flash if all doors, trunk and hood (if equipped with active anti-theft system) are closed and locked. If the vehicle is not equipped with the active anti-theft system, the turn signal lamps will flash if all doors and the trunk are closed and locked.

2. Press and release again within three seconds to confirm that all the doors are closed and locked. Note: The doors will lock again, the horn will chirp once and the turn signal lamps will flash once more. If any of the doors, trunk or hood (if equipped with active anti-theft system) are not properly closed the horn will make two quick chirps and the turn signal lamps will not flash. If the vehicle is not equipped with the active anti-theft system, the horn will make two quick chirps and the turn signal lamps will not flash if the doors and the trunk are not closed and locked.

Sounding a panic alarm
Press to activate the alarm. The horn will sound and the turn signal and interior lamps will flash for a maximum of approximately 3 minutes.
Press again or turn the ignition to the 2 (ACCESSORY) or 3 (ON) position to deactivate, or wait for the alarm to timeout in 3 minutes. Note: The panic alarm will only operate when the ignition is in the 1 (OFF/LOCK) position.

Opening the trunk
Press once to open the trunk.
• Ensure that the trunk is closed and latched before driving your vehicle. Failure to properly latch the trunk may cause objects to fall out or block the driver’s rear view. The remote entry system allows you to open the trunk while the ignition is in any position. However, if the ignition is in the 3 (ON) position and the vehicle is in motion, the trunk will not open if the vehicle is moving 3 mph (5 km/h) or faster.

I have an UNGO Addidional Security system along with Remote start on my car... it flashs once and chirps once when I lock the car.... Flashes twice and chirps twice when I unlock the car.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Keyless remote question