Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newest Interior Mods

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 05:08 PM
starman
2nd Gear Member

Default Newest Interior Mods

Hey all:

Just installed the Hurst shifter and the Predator shift light. I love the feel, and the look is Legend Lime Retro. Add all the other "modern" conveniences in my interior and you get the title. They Include, the Predator shift light on the pillar in blue LED. Peripheral vision catches the bright blue blink at red line and I don't have to look down at the "hidden" tach. Aluminum pedal covers, direct Ford parts with Ford part numbers. Some say they are the same as the Shelby, anyone know? Iway 500c GPS, which is also used on my motorcycle, a very neat piece. Harmon Kardon drive and play, the best ipod solution in my opinion. Chrome AC ***** and volume **** and brake lever cover. Chrome cup holder surround. And of course my famous $10 temp mod I had recently posted.

Oh, and the red button on my Hurst ball. I call this the a**hole killer. I never did like the way the horn button on the steering wheel worked, so I tapped into the horn wire and put a small momentary switch on my stick ****. It's like killing "aliens" when needed. Probably my favorite mod.

What do you think?

Old 07-08-2006, 05:27 PM
Daniel06GT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Newest Interior Mods

That's a real nice setup, how do you like that hurst shifter?
Old 07-08-2006, 05:57 PM
MikeVistaBlue06
I ♥ Acer

Very nice!

Do you know if they make a billet side mirror adjusting ****? I broke my OEM plastic one and need to replace it.

Thx,

Mike
Old 07-08-2006, 05:59 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: MikeVistaBlue06

Do you know if they make a billet side mirror adjusting ****? I broke my OEM plastic one and need to replace it.

Thx,

Mike
See them all the time on ebay
Old 07-08-2006, 06:20 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

looks nice man. get some pics of the exterior too; i wanna see those cragars.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:55 PM
Newbreedgt05
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MikeVistaBlue06

Very nice!

Thx,

Mike
http://www.uprproducts.com/shopping/...ontrol%2BBezel

Ebay has them also

I think you win the award for having the most gadgets in your stang. Looks good though! I like the idea with the horn. Fortunately I haven't had to use my horn yet!

Old 07-08-2006, 08:03 PM
d_man777
1st Gear Member

Hey,

Where did you get the pedal covers and how much were they? Were they an easy, solid install or something hokey?

Thanks
Old 07-08-2006, 08:18 PM
starman
2nd Gear Member

Thanks, everyone:

The hurst shifter is great. The throw is short and positive, almost "clicking" in place. The predator shift light is also cool in that I don't have to watch the tach.

The pedal covers were bought from a firm in Michigan that says they make them for Ford. All I know is that each pedal had a Ford part #. The brake and clutch are direct replacements, no screws.
The gas is an overlay that again is formed perfectly and is attached with 3M tape. I am confident that based on a perfect form fit over the original, it is permanent. I will tell you that there is a vendor selling the exact same set that I paid $63 shipped for $99 plus shipping. I am very please with the pedals.

As far as the Crager type wheels, they are the Ford factory 18" polished aluminum 5 spoke. I call them Crager SS Type because to me that is what they look like, or American's for that matter. Actually, I get the most compliments on the wheels.
Old 07-08-2006, 09:16 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

What do you have covering your dead pedal there?? I have a piece of black carpet on mine covering the light gray carpet. But I am thinking of doing something a bit more permanent.

Pedals are nice too.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:37 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: starman

Thanks, everyone:

The hurst shifter is great. The throw is short and positive, almost "clicking" in place. The predator shift light is also cool in that I don't have to watch the tach.

The pedal covers were bought from a firm in Michigan that says they make them for Ford. All I know is that each pedal had a Ford part #. The brake and clutch are direct replacements, no screws.
The gas is an overlay that again is formed perfectly and is attached with 3M tape. I am confident that based on a perfect form fit over the original, it is permanent. I will tell you that there is a vendor selling the exact same set that I paid $63 shipped for $99 plus shipping. I am very please with the pedals.

As far as the Crager type wheels, they are the Ford factory 18" polished aluminum 5 spoke. I call them Crager SS Type because to me that is what they look like, or American's for that matter. Actually, I get the most compliments on the wheels.
lol yea they do look like those. fords "bullit" wheels are based on the american racing torq-thrust D's that were on the original bullit mustang.

Quick Reply: Newest Interior Mods