Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HIT N' RUN!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 12:46 PM
JStang78
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: HIT N' RUN!!!!!!!!!!

Is the bodyshop run through a Ford dealer? If so, I can't see them cutting corners (i.e., leaving the bumper on the car). They'll probably take it off, buff or sand out any blemishes on the composite, repaint it and reattach it. Too bad they actually got to the paint. A week ago, I had a pretty large scuff along my rear bumper, but an hour of work and a 1/2 tube of Scratch-X got it out.
Old 07-17-2006, 12:59 PM
windveilpete
2nd Gear Member

Happened to me on my front bumper about a month ago, the bumper itself is going to need replacing, so I have not done it yet. I think I am going to look for a gt takeoff front end and put the fogs in there. I feel your pain. I wish I could find the a-hole who did it to me and shove my bumper up his a$$.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:03 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

damn! That bites! Not a great way to start your day! Hope it will get fixed beyond your satisfaction.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:18 PM
opticalveracity
2nd Gear Member

hey thanks for the mental support! im so depressed with out my lil pony let alone only 2 weeks old and already having the bumper repainted, ...whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
ORIGINAL: blazen351

sorry to hear that dude, no idea what it will cost, but I'm sure they'll get you fixed up right.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:21 PM
opticalveracity
2nd Gear Member

thank you so much! that seems to be the quotes im getting from all my friends! whats 1.9 hours, meaning almost 2 hours and whats 3.6 mean? almost 4 hours? how long should this take, like how long u think i will be without a car , i broght it in at 7am this morning today! thier was only 5 cars in front of me! whadday thank?

p.s. im guessing they repaint the whole thing , u cant just use touch up on these marks! did u mean touch u when u said just spot it in ?
ORIGINAL: TakeOffStang

Should run you about $300-$325. Just done an estimate on one. 1.9 hrs. to R&I rear cover and 3.6 to paint + materials. Shop rate here is $36 an hour. That is if they have to paint the complete cover and not just spot it in.[sm=signs003.gif]
Old 07-17-2006, 01:24 PM
opticalveracity
2nd Gear Member

i should of took a pic after it happened....it was just scraped my performance white paint off as to where u can see the black underneathe the paint......im thinking they would mask the bumper as well while repainting it...thanks for the help! ur alot of help btw....yes its at ford, i wanted it done right cause paulboy said little shops wont do a good job...so yah , rather pay a little more and get it done right......thanks for the info dude!
ORIGINAL: Tres Wright

I had a scrape fixed on my rear bumper, they had to repaint the area of the scrape and then clearcoat the entire bumper. I don't remember the exact cost, but it was around 250 bucks. But that's a guy that has a small shop and does all the work himself, a bigger shop will probably run closer to what TakeOffStang quoted. They probably will not remove your bumper to do the work, they'll likely mask everything off.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:26 PM
opticalveracity
2nd Gear Member

lolololl yah right, not ready for that! dont want an exhaust,..rather save for a real GT heheh
ORIGINAL: Backlash

gt bumpers time!!!!!
Old 07-17-2006, 02:17 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

i was quoted 400 when i painted my bumper but my deale is aholes so i took it to a customs place
Old 07-17-2006, 02:38 PM
Fizzie06
3rd Gear Member

thats sucks alot man I feel for you I was hit five days after I bought my mustang *backed in to* and I wasn't even in the car my car was in the parking lot and the guy just decided to keep backing up more then he needed.
Old 07-17-2006, 02:59 PM
Action_Jackson
2nd Gear Member

If its too much I would look into a gt bumper, might cost about the same if you can find a white one. And if you don't want to pay for duals, just put a tip down there, lol. Sorry to hear about the loss man, I am headed to talk to an insurance guy myself about a door ding. Quoted $420 to fix. Later

Tim

Quick Reply: HIT N' RUN!!!!!!!!!!