Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Me and the Goat

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 04:32 PM
Refire05GT
1st Gear Member

Default Me and the Goat

So there I was, driving home on a sunny afternoon after a long day at work. I decided to take the back way as it doesn't have so much stop-and-go driving. I'm basically just cruising home, not in any big rush at all. Well I'm in the right lane, and I look over to my left and a guy is pulling up and passing me. I glance over (my windows were rolled up and AC on btw) and I don't really think anything about it, but then I take a closer look at the car and I realize it's a new GTO. I look further and see the big 6.0 badges on the sides, and for some reason got a wild hair up my @$$ and proceeded to catch up. I rolled my windows down and turned off the AC and pulled along side of him. We look across at each other and we both get these big ****-eating-grins on our faces, I start giving a little gas, and he floors it. He takes off and I drop the hammer after him. We don 't get very far as we both get caught by the street light. So now we are both at a traffic stop waiting for the light to turn green. Perfect. We both look over at each other again, grins a mile wide, and I say, "OK bro, let's do this"

I look up at the light and am just waiting, the light turns green and we both go. I get a quicker holeshot and don't miss a single gear and shift perfectly every time(I have an automatic and stay ahead of him, but can't pull away from him, the whole time til we get to the next light. Now my heart is pounding with the rush, wow, I just won a race(weeee). So we're stopped at the next light and we look at each other again, and he says "I had my traction control system on". I reply, "Ah, yeah, seems to me that I actually get better launches with it on actually, and then I'll usually turn it off after I'm already going" Well as I'm finishing this sentence, the light turns green again, and he takes off with me in mid-sentence lol, so I punch it and take off after him. Same deal, he could maintain the lead already established, but couldn't pull away from me. So on we go until we catch the next set of lights.

We stop again, and I ask him, "Is it stock?" He says "Yup". He says, "Yours?", and I say, "Well basically, I put in a Corsa axle-back last weekend, basically just new mufflers. Go again?" He nods. Light turns green and we take off. Again, I get ahead of him from the launch, but once we're going, our positions are locked, neither one really pulling away or gaining. We stop again at the next light, and by now I think we both realize how lucky we've been, it is in the middle of rush hour after all, so the light turns green, we both peaced out, and went our separate ways.

The Corsa's are the only "mod" I have so far. I'm not sure if his was an Auto or a stick, but I'd probably bet a stick. Overall it was a very cool experience, and one that I'll remember for a while. I was just happy that I didn't get my doors blown off as I thought was going to happen.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:39 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Me and the Goat

ORIGINAL: Refire05GT

So there I was, driving home on a sunny afternoon after a long day at work. I decided to take the back way as it doesn't have so much stop-and-go driving. I'm basically just cruising home, not in any big rush at all. Well I'm in the right lane, and I look over to my left and a guy is pulling up and passing me. I glance over (my windows were rolled up and AC on btw) and I don't really think anything about it, but then I take a closer look at the car and I realize it's a new GTO. I look further and see the big 6.0 badges on the sides, and for some reason got a wild hair up my @$$ and proceeded to catch up. I rolled my windows down and turned off the AC and pulled along side of him. We look across at each other and we both get these big ****-eating-grins on our faces, I start giving a little gas, and he floors it. He takes off and I drop the hammer after him. We don 't get very far as we both get caught by the street light. So now we are both at a traffic stop waiting for the light to turn green. Perfect. We both look over at each other again, grins a mile wide, and I say, "OK bro, let's do this"

I look up at the light and am just waiting, the light turns green and we both go. I get a quicker holeshot and don't miss a single gear and shift perfectly every time(I have an automatic and stay ahead of him, but can't pull away from him, the whole time til we get to the next light. Now my heart is pounding with the rush, wow, I just won a race(weeee). So we're stopped at the next light and we look at each other again, and he says "I had my traction control system on". I reply, "Ah, yeah, seems to me that I actually get better launches with it on actually, and then I'll usually turn it off after I'm already going" Well as I'm finishing this sentence, the light turns green again, and he takes off with me in mid-sentence lol, so I punch it and take off after him. Same deal, he could maintain the lead already established, but couldn't pull away from me. So on we go until we catch the next set of lights.

We stop again, and I ask him, "Is it stock?" He says "Yup". He says, "Yours?", and I say, "Well basically, I put in a Corsa axle-back last weekend, basically just new mufflers. Go again?" He nods. Light turns green and we take off. Again, I get ahead of him from the launch, but once we're going, our positions are locked, neither one really pulling away or gaining. We stop again at the next light, and by now I think we both realize how lucky we've been, it is in the middle of rush hour after all, so the light turns green, we both peaced out, and went our separate ways.

The Corsa's are the only "mod" I have so far. I'm not sure if his was an Auto or a stick, but I'd probably bet a stick. Overall it was a very cool experience, and one that I'll remember for a while. I was just happy that I didn't get my doors blown off as I thought was going to happen.
Good run, being stock I'm surprised he didn't pull you a bit. I've raced a few 5.7 and 6.0 Goats and come out on top each time, against the 5.7's it wasn't even an interesting race, I walked them pretty bad. The 6.0 hangs better but I haven't raced a modified one yet, the last 6.0 I pulled almost 2 cars on, we gave it up at about 110. All but one were cool about it, the first run against a 5.7 GTO the guy made fun of my MAC mufflers calling them beaver dams, I told him it's funny he could shoot off his mouth after getting his **** handed to him, show some respect or shut up, he shut up. Some people don't deserve the wheels they have.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:10 PM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: viking396

Good run, being stock I'm surprised he didn't pull you a bit. I've raced a few 5.7 and 6.0 Goats and come out on top each time, against the 5.7's it wasn't even an interesting race, I walked them pretty bad. The 6.0 hangs better but I haven't raced a modified one yet, the last 6.0 I pulled almost 2 cars on, we gave it up at about 110. All but one were cool about it, the first run against a 5.7 GTO the guy made fun of my MAC mufflers calling them beaver dams, I told him it's funny he could shoot off his mouth after getting his **** handed to him, show some respect or shut up, he shut up. Some people don't deserve the wheels they have.
What's with the comparison to beaver dams? I don't know what they look like, but what did he mean by that?

Old 07-26-2006, 05:49 PM
undefeated
4th Gear Member

Nice! We aren't so slow after all.
Old 07-26-2006, 07:37 PM
jdback19
4th Gear Member

More responses in the STREET STRIP section if you ask me.