Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PRODUCTION SCHEDULE??

Old 07-31-2006, 03:53 PM
1st Mustang

Default PRODUCTION SCHEDULE??

I have an '07 gt vert on order, and want to know if there is any way to find out what my scheduled production date is. My dealer is telling me that they won't know until it is done and ready for shipment. I paid a lot of money down so that maybe the dealer could pull some strings and rush the production through the schedule. Is it possible for the dealer to find out and tell me anything??? Or is it something I can check on somehow???
Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

Old 07-31-2006, 04:16 PM
tuco

Default RE: PRODUCTION SCHEDULE??

I also have an '07 GT Vert on order; and I think the info you got from your dealer is not totally correct. Once a week, every Wed, my dealer gets an update from the factory on the status of orders and he can tell once the car is scheduled for build, what that build date is supposed to be.

Also, AFAIK, the size of deposit you made has zero influence on getting this information (however, your dealer should be responsive to your requests).
Old 07-31-2006, 05:26 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Your dealership can't give you that information because they don't have that information available to them.

There is a 1-800 Evil Robot Lady you can call and with the right answers get some limited information about your car.

We used to have a resource at Ford, who would look up our cars in the production computer and give us EXACT information on the status of our cars... but FORD - in it's infinate wisedom thought they should fire the guy for helping us. (dont' know that he was "fired" for certain - but we knew he got into trouble and then the vanished from the face of the earth!).

Anyway... you can try these resources.

Ford Customer Service: :1-800-392-3673 Option: 4, then Option 2... Of course, they have very limited access to Ford internal systems, depending on which outsourced center you connect to at the moment and may not be of much help.

The DEALER ACCESS phone line is 1-800-962-3745... It is automated and you will need your Dealers ID Number and your orders Order Number (Known as the DOR). You will also need your year, and model. (GT Coupe "T82... Vert is "T85" - I don't know the codes for the V6s)

Keep in mind when listening to the "Robot Lady" that her information might be as much as 2 weeks or as little as 2 hours old as Ford is NOT very consistant with keeping the ERL (The robot lady) updated.

While connected to that number you may have the option to speak with an "Agent"... Keep in mind this system is set-up to support DEALERS, and you will have to pretend to be a sales guy from the dealership that you ordered the car. IF you tell them you are the end buyer.. there is a 75% chance the agent will simply tell you he/she can't help you and to have your dealer call.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:27 PM
RoadLizard
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tuco

I also have an '07 GT Vert on order; and I think the info you got from your dealer is not totally correct. Once a week, every Wed, my dealer gets an update from the factory on the status of orders and he can tell once the car is scheduled for build, what that build date is supposed to be.

Also, AFAIK, the size of deposit you made has zero influence on getting this information (however, your dealer should be responsive to your requests).
Here's a link for the most definitive info I've been able to find on order tracking... I'm waiting on an '07 coupe ordered 10/10/06... Haven't been able to call the 800 number successfully as the dealer gave me a bogus order number...

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ad.php?t=34764

Old 07-31-2006, 06:46 PM
1st Mustang

Thanks Very Much! You guys are a veritable font of information....... I will check it out.... I've ordered several cars in my years of driving, but none that I was so anxious to get my hands on.....!! I would rather check on the car myself if it is possible than bug the dealership every week.....

Old 08-01-2006, 12:45 AM
Ruffnuts
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RoadLizard

ORIGINAL: tuco

Here's a link for the most definitive info I've been able to find on order tracking... I'm waiting on an '07 coupe ordered 10/10/06... Haven't been able to call the 800 number successfully as the dealer gave me a bogus order number...

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ad.php?t=34764

so you are waiting on a car you ordered in Sep 06? isnt it only Aug 06 atm?? either I am very very tired and confused or just confused