Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think....

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 06:27 PM
rebelyell06
2nd Gear Member

Default I think....

Ford is trying to void my warrenty due to my intake. I do believe I'm home free with the tuner,(they've hooked a scan tool up 2 times and haven't detected anything) but their having to call the ford technical hotline to figure out why my car is missing and see if they can tie it to my intake. I dont' think they will be able too, but you never know what they will try. The intake is an AEM Bruteforce and is supposed to garauntee that it won't void the warrenty. I'm hoping it won't, but I was wondering if any of you have had a similar experience with warrenty work of this sort. I think there is something wrong with the fuel system,and I also think that is what they checking right now.
Old 08-02-2006, 06:48 PM
rex7010
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: I think....

Just put yur old intake back on.. problem solved as far as if that might be the problem..

right..???

just a thought...

best of luck

Rex
Old 08-02-2006, 06:58 PM
rebelyell06
2nd Gear Member

They've already seen the new intake, if they try to void it I'll just get it back from them and put the old one back on. Then I'll take to the dealership I bought it from. It may work out there. I dont' think they are going to find anything to tie it to the intake, but I'm just worried and not very optimistic.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:43 PM
BAMFstang
3rd Gear Member

Aren't the dealership's computers linked as far as vehicle info? Seems like it would have to be for warranty purposes.

It would suck for them to say no and when you go to the other dealer they pull up your VIN and see a notation that it is not covered.

Hopefully that isn't the case.

Anyone know for sure whether they are linked?

Old 08-02-2006, 10:28 PM
Newbreedgt05
3rd Gear Member

What was the problem you were having with your car? Sorry if you already posted this, but I didn't see it.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:38 PM
GT JIM
1st Gear Member

As far as I know the computers at the dealers are all linked up. Once one dealer services your stang under warranty it is logged in under your VIN number. So if they do void your warranty it will be voided at all dealerships.

However I don't think your intake is causing your problem. Do you have any other mods on your car?
Old 08-02-2006, 11:25 PM
05ROUSHER
2nd Gear Member

There is a TSB for Misfiring and Rough Idle. TSB-04-16-01 / Might be the cause

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/gala..._01misfire.pdf
Old 08-03-2006, 02:45 PM
rebelyell06
2nd Gear Member

I know the intake is not what caused it. It was some bad gas combined with the injector cleaner that didn't work, but only made it worse. However, they checke my fuel system and said that it was clear with no problems. I have a tuner and exaust, but they haven't detected that I had a tuner in it. Set the car back to stock and reset the battery. If they would have detected it, it would have been just as soon as they hooked it up to the scan tool. They had to call ford and see if they might know the problem. They called me about an hour ago and asked if I had pulled my plugs to look at them. Now I know their going in the right direction. I told them I had and that from what I could tell that one on the drivers side, #7 according to my tuner, was bad dirty compared to the rest. I told them all I did was look and clean them up a bit. That shouldn't void any warrenty because people change their own plugs all the time. Besides I didn't change the plugs, just cleaned them.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:52 PM
rebelyell06
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05ROUSHER

There is a TSB for Misfiring and Rough Idle. TSB-04-16-01 / Might be the cause

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/gala..._01misfire.pdf
I'm printing this tsb off and taking it to the car shop. I'm not sure if they've figured it out yet, but I'll tell them I found it and that it described the problems I was having. This, if it is it, will also prove that my intake didn't cause it.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:37 PM
rebelyell06
2nd Gear Member

I called and checked on the car not to long ago. They said that they had ordered some parts from Ford and that they had to put some gas in it so they could continue to test it. I figure the parts they ordered were coil packs, but it annoyed me about them having to drive a lot. She said they had put a little bit of gas in it once and were about to have to again. Hey, as long as its fixed I don't care. I just wished I'd changed the oil before I went. No telling how much it will be over due when I get it back.

Quick Reply: I think....