Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pypes X-pipe- Update

Old 08-22-2006, 07:27 PM
zjdoran7
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Pypes X-pipe

Can I use it without a Tuner? anyone know?
Old 08-22-2006, 08:35 PM
Quick S
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SPARTAN VI

Would this work for the V6 brothers? I have dual magnaflows, but using a dual Y-pipe config.
It will only work if you have custom exhaust work done. I'm assuming you have 2 pipes coming off your cats into a Y-pipe, going into one pipe going from front to back to another Y-pipe which this would be your Tails to your mufflers. You would need our V8 GT configeration to make it work.

EXAMPLE PIC

ORIGINAL: zjdoran7

Can I use it without a Tuner? anyone know?
Yes, you can use this X-pipe or H-pipe or any other Custom or aftermarket Cat-back Exhaust without the need of a tuner. Theres nothing to tune [sm=smiley5.gif]. Now if you where going to go with an Off road pipe that eliminates your cats, then yes, you would need a 02 SIM or custom tune to remove the 02 cat code from the ECU to avoid a CEL.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:23 PM
zjdoran7
1st Gear Member

one more question, Where EXactly do we cut from the diagram above to install this x-pipe? I assume we have to cut after cats and before mufflers?
Old 08-22-2006, 09:50 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

I hate to be the turd in the punch bowl but I heard pypes x -pipes rattle but if you want a good cheap mod that will be it.[8D]
Old 08-23-2006, 06:20 PM
Quick S
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: zjdoran7

one more question, Where EXactly do we cut from the diagram above to install this x-pipe? I assume we have to cut after cats and before mufflers?
The diagram above that I posted is for an example, not off are Mustangs, but close. The pypes X-Pipe comes with instructions, from what the X-pipe looks like, it seems you would only have to cut one side of your H-Pipe off. The other end looks like it just needs to be unclamped.

Wow, by some of these questions guys, I'm getting the feeling that some of have never look under your cars yet...LOL (Just Kidding around) J/K

ORIGINAL: Daniel60

I hate to be the turd in the punch bowl but I heard pypes x -pipes rattle but if you want a good cheap mod that will be it.
I'm not understanding why there X-pipe or any Aftermarket exhaust set-up made by any company that does R&D "Designs there product for a specific Car make" would rattle or cause possible vibration, UNLESS....

1. Inproper Installation
2. Product Defect
3. Worn/Damaged, rubber groment exhaust hangers
4. Or one part of the Exhaust is rubbing up against the body of the car, which puts us back to issues 1&2.

Old 08-27-2006, 04:24 PM
Quick S
2nd Gear Member

Well, just got it!! , really impressed so far with Pypes. No shipping issues, Got it in 3 days like they said. Hopefully I will be able to get it installed with-in the next couple of weeks, my work scheledule is really hectic right now, but it will change by the end of next week. I have Flowmasters for now, but I'am curious to see how much the exhaust note will change. I would like to get it a little louder. depending on the X-Pipe sound, I might be changing the Axle-Backs to either SLP LM's or IMCO's Pro's or Extreme. I must admit, I am not fond of sound clips, because it is still hard to go by a clip, Compared to in-person. but IMO the IMCO Axle-Backs are the best I have heard so far, hands down. http://www.grabthepower.com/mustang-promo-front.html

Heres some Pics and also the Install Instructions.

Old 08-27-2006, 07:07 PM
1BADD05
3rd Gear Member

I HAVE THE PYPES H-PIPE WITH NO CATS WITH FLOWMASTER 40'S AND THE CAR SOUNDS AWESOME! GET A TON OF COMPLIMENTS.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:41 AM
Vcoat
3rd Gear Member

I have a Corsa X for sale if anyone is interested...
Old 08-28-2006, 02:12 PM
SlappyGT
2nd Gear Member

So (technically) I would be able to do this myself? Meaning no welding needed? I've installed several exhaust systems on past cars and trucks, and have never had a problem. I would just need to get up there, line up the cut-off points, and then cut off the H-pipe, and then the new X-pipe just slides over the pipes that I cut off? Very cool, might have to pick this up... Thanks for all the info guys!
Old 09-04-2006, 08:01 PM
Ccass
Former Sponsor

ORIGINAL: SPARTAN VI

Would this work for the V6 brothers? I have dual magnaflows, but using a dual Y-pipe config.
Yes, you can use this X to convert your V6 to true dual. Right now, you would have to buy oem mid pipes and axle back. I'm pretty sure, the MF system would bolt right up since our X ends where the Clamp is. If you can wait, Later this month, Pypes will release a full true dual utilizing this X for 05-07 V6 owners.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pypes X-pipe- Update