Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06' busted first night home

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 03:16 AM
06Vista
2nd Gear Member

Default 06' busted first night home

[sm=badbadbad.gif]

I purchased a new 06 today drove the car home, car has 250 miles. This would be my second Stang', first car ever was an 88 GT. I was going for a bit to eat and I get a real strong smell of gas, followed by a loss of power, no check engine light. Anyway my brother said he saw a trail of gas following me when I stopped, so I drove home(luckily I was only 3 mins from home). And oh yeah gas followed me all the way home.

Mind you this is the FIRST night with the car. It would appear that one of the clamps came lose, what does this say for the "quality" of this car? $29,000 Pretty pathetic! I understand accidents happen and all, but this is ripping me a new one. So I will have a flat bed here on monday, and a loaner to get to work. What a letdown.

Has ANYONE had any type of similar problem, or is this a rarity?

Sorry to start my first post with a problem, but im Pissed!
Old 08-27-2006, 03:47 AM
backinblack06
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: 06' busted first night home

Hey man congrats on the car....It will get better with time...and TSB's lol.

I had my fuel pump replaced for a TSB issue and like you had a trail of gas wherever I drove that day. Thankfully I didnt blow up. They didn't use the new O-ring that came with the new pump. The pump wouldnt seat properly thus allowing gas to slosh out all over the place. This sounds like the same problem I had. Maybe your dealer replaced the fuel pump so you wouldnt come back for the TSB. But you can check your pump, by removing your back seat. (not real hard to do just a couple clips holding it in.) Look under the driver side you will see a little acces hatch pop that open and you will find your fuel pump and gas tank. It will be pretty obvious if that's where the problem area is. Try that out, if not call your dealer and have them TOW your car back to the Service Dept. Fuel leaks are not a joke and you CAN be seriously injured if something were to ignite you. BTW, when you get it towed you will have to call the fire dept. to come clear your car to make sure its not a "hazard". They wouldnt clear mine so I doubt they'll clear yours if your trailing gas as you drive. So than just call your dealer back and bitch at them until THEY find a tow company that will do it..

Good Luck....that problem really sucks for your first day [:@][:@]
Old 08-27-2006, 03:48 AM
Herknav
3rd Gear Member

I have never ever heard of this...

Call your dealership and SCREAM
Old 08-27-2006, 03:49 AM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

Damn fords... LOL
Old 08-27-2006, 04:18 AM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

I read a very similar story to this, so you're not the first person to have a fuel leak problem on a new Mustang. Don't even try to start it, fuel leaks are way bad mojo!
Old 08-27-2006, 04:33 AM
Skoshi42
2nd Gear Member

Sry to hear about that... you just was unlucky and prolly got a lemon... im 7 months, only 2200 miles... and going strong... nothing wrong has happend...
Old 08-27-2006, 04:43 AM
281GT
3rd Gear Member

I don't blame you for being mad but remember that ANYTHING that is mass produced can be subject to problems. Every manufacturer of mass produced goods in the world has the occasional problem. Don't worry about it. Just don't drive it until Ford takes care of it for you. I Really doubt of you've got a "lemon" just because of one problem. I've had mine over a year and there have been a couple of really minor little issues but I am very happy with my car. Just let them fix it and don't worry about it. Once this is fixed you may not have a single issue with the car again.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:51 AM
ProStang
1st Gear Member

Stuff happens................

Think they still use humans to build the car............[:@]
Old 08-27-2006, 12:02 PM
StangIt

I don't blame you for being upset. Just try to relax and stay calm. If it is just a lose clamp, then it really is not a sign you have a lemon or a poorly built vehicle. You just have one part that needs some attention. The dealer will take it, fix it, and you should be all set for plenty of trouble free miles.

Best of luck!
Old 08-27-2006, 02:17 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Make sure they fill your tank back up. Gas is not cheap anymore.

Quick Reply: 06' busted first night home