Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Stripes

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 02:47 AM
Cindy
4th Gear Member

Default RE: New Stripes

Looks Very Good! I like that color combination and love the dog![sm=smiley4.gif]
Old 08-30-2006, 02:42 PM
Earth Brown

Thanks for all the good words.It really does look a LOT better in person.I have a 50.00 camera and it shows.It almost looks like light and dark purple in some of the pics but its Tungsten and cobalt. BTW , shes a great dog if you dont mind screaming about attacking the hose constantly when trying to wash the car. It pretty funny until it gets annoying.
Old 09-01-2006, 12:00 AM
Rsmin
1st Gear Member

Earth Brown,

I really like the look of your Mustang. You said it took 3 weeks to get that done? Was it a local shop?

Thanks

Rusty
Old 09-01-2006, 06:47 PM
Earth Brown

Yeah Rusty
He was about 4 miles from my house and I would like to recommend him but I can't. The place is called Art by Solo(thats the guys name).He did a good job and the lines are perfect but I have to bring it back again to have him fix a few things I cant live with. The biggest problem was they told me it would take a week and it ended up being 3. I picked it up on a Friday and he told me he wanted me to bring it back Monday because he wanted to buff it out again. Claimed he did not have time (only 3 weeks) ,I just wanted my friggin car back so I took it for the weekend. I was home about 5 minutes when I saw the new ding in the door while doing the inspection. Then I started writing the punch list. Monday I dropped it off and he told me 2 days because he was going to get the ding out now. Two very aggravating weeks later I got her back again. Like I said ,the lines were perfect but I am still not happy with the clearcoat job and not even sure what I am going to do about it.I dont want to leave it again,I know I'll lose it for another week and I will probably kill the fu**er.
Too bad because they were really cool to deal with at first and had some good refs but I will warn anyone not to go there. I will probably force myself to bring it back again but it wont be easy.I am pretty frustrated about it right now and venting a little.I am sure everyone here understands. Here is some pics of his work,I don't understand why he could'nt clear mine
www.artbysolo.piczo.com
Old 09-01-2006, 07:08 PM
GTlust
I ♥ Acer

That is some sick paint jobs! Insane!

If the stripes aren't done correctly and he can't fix it then your only option is take it to another shop. Then take him to small claims court. You'd want a shop that's willing to testify that the paint wasn't done correctly.

It sounds like the guy is taking on more jobs than he can handle. It's hard to turn down money, but sometimes you have to or your rep will get tarnished like in this case.

In my youth I took a car to Maaco and was told 3 days, it took 2 weeks and still looked like ****! There ain't no such thing as a good cheap paint job.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:29 PM
Earth Brown

GTLust
You hit it right on the head.To much work ,not enough time. I am going to a couple guys tomorrow to see what they think and then take it back to Solo to see what he wants to do.Problem is, I am sure he could fix it, he really has done some great work but I dont know if I can handle anymore of the B.S they are giving me about the time. I am really out of patience at this point . BTW ,it was'nt cheap.
Count to 10
Count to 10
Count to 10
Old 09-01-2006, 07:38 PM
GTlust
I ♥ Acer

I'm sure it wasn't cheap. I bet he gets 10-20K for some of those full paint jobs.

ORIGINAL: Earth Brown

GTLust
You hit it right on the head.To much work ,not enough time. I am going to a couple guys tomorrow to see what they think and then take it back to Solo to see what he wants to do.Problem is, I am sure he could fix it, he really has done some great work but I dont know if I can handle anymore of the B.S they are giving me about the time. I am really out of patience at this point . BTW ,it was'nt cheap.
Count to 10
Count to 10
Count to 10
Old 09-02-2006, 01:16 AM
odiaz
4th Gear Member

That is a great color combination! I don't think I've ever seen one like that. Great job!
Old 12-10-2006, 01:54 AM
stangfreak

I just thought everyone out there should know about this months magazine Mustang Enthusiasts. The front cover is by ART BY SOLO in Clermont. Solo painted that cover car and it talks all about him in the magazine.Everyone should go pick it up. I put this post because I read what earth brown wrote and I think thats pretty messed up to bad talk that guy when he is one of the BEST painters out there.I went to Solo's shop and he is the nicest guy.Its true he has alot of work but that guy is all over magazines now and is just swamped.I tried to take my new mustang there and he told me I had to wait till next year to get it painted.I think some people just cant be satisfied. Those stripes look awesome and I have never seen one done like that. I also think earth brown should take the advice of the other person that said just take it to another shop.Because what will happen is no one will be able to do what Solo did so good luck with that. I think his website speaks for itself. Here is the cover picture for all the REAL MUSTANG ENTHUSIASTS.

[IMG]local://upfiles/56107/B8EF707EBB3143AA90942AF5A7FBBEA7.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-10-2006, 02:03 AM
WhiteStallion06
4th Gear Member

I love the color combo thats def one of a kind...
Nice dog

Quick Reply: New Stripes