Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help: best place to buy MyColor gauges

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 01:05 AM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Help: best place to buy MyColor gauges

Never std in delux GT. (nor was shaker, etc)
Old 01-02-2007, 03:00 PM
flapjack
I ♥ Acer

So where is the best place to get the cluster? I've seen some links in the past, but am having difficulty finding them now.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:38 PM
Wicked Pony
3rd Gear Member

It was never standard on any package Premium or Deluxe. Try Y2K Ford in WA. That's where I got mine.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:14 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

Skoshi42- how much does your dealer want for them??
Mine charged me $250, plus $60 for the 3 button set on the dash (don't forget to order that- cause it doesn't come with the instrument cluster!), plus another $79 to install everything (took under an hour).
Old 01-02-2007, 04:26 PM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

IMO it's a foofy gimmick that you should not try to add-on. You just run the risk of creating electrical headaches for yourself and lowering your resale with a goofy aftermarket add on.

I have it in my car; mydaughter loves when I change the colors, especially to purple. She gets a kick out of it....for about 2 minutes. She also gets a kick out of a fast turn or a downshift, though.

The colors are "nice," but with the unchanging green odometer and info display, radio, and other switches in the cabin, any color other than green or white just looks like crap.

Again, just my opinion, save your money. There are much better accessories to add to the car, if that is your thing...
Old 01-02-2007, 04:32 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

6xStang- I mostly agree with you about the "my-color" (except that I DO like using both the dark red and blue/purple- really cool colors!), but the MAIN reason I wanted that upgrade was to get the 2 extra gauges and message center, and my-color came with it as a "package deal".
I use the message center ALL the time, and really wanted the battery and oil gauges because I think they belong on every car- especially any GT.
The battery on my other car died unexpectedly a few months ago right after I came out of the supermarket loaded with groceries (including frozen food!), and I had to wait almost an hour for AAA to arrive.
Had that car had a battery gauge instead of just an "idiot light" that told me AFTER it was too late (!!), then I would have seen that it wasn't charging BEFORE it went dead and saved myself a lot of aggravation.....
Old 01-02-2007, 04:41 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

i hate the green in my car!

soo much!
Old 01-02-2007, 04:43 PM
JAIME HURTEM
1st Gear Member

The chicks dig it.Forget the green buttons. ugly enough already why have the gauges booger green aswell
Old 01-02-2007, 05:02 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Most people have bought it from Ed.

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...mp;catalogid=1
Old 01-02-2007, 05:33 PM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

I didn't realize that you got the extra gauges; I though it was just the colored lights that got added.

I agree that charging system and oil pressure gauges are important (in any car), and may therefore make it worthwhile....

(and I had it set to "blue" for a while; I did like the way it looked,, but two passengers on two different occasions asked why part of the dash was blue and the other part green. Now all I see is the mismatch....so nowI use green or white..

Not keen on the green either...but it's as retro as you can get....

ORIGINAL: GT Newbie

6xStang- I mostly agree with you about the "my-color" (except that I DO like using both the dark red and blue/purple- really cool colors!), but the MAIN reason I wanted that upgrade was to get the 2 extra gauges and message center, and my-color came with it as a "package deal".
I use the message center ALL the time, and really wanted the battery and oil gauges because I think they belong on every car- especially any GT.
The battery on my other car died unexpectedly a few months ago right after I came out of the supermarket loaded with groceries (including frozen food!), and I had to wait almost an hour for AAA to arrive.
Had that car had a battery gauge instead of just an "idiot light" that told me AFTER it was too late (!!), then I would have seen that it wasn't charging BEFORE it went dead and saved myself a lot of aggravation.....

Quick Reply: Help: best place to buy MyColor gauges