Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

September 11th -- NOTICE

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 10:39 PM
mail906
2nd Gear Member

Default September 11th -- NOTICE

Today I received a few emails regarding September 11th and the FLY THE FLAG campaign that is circulating around. I thought this forum would be a good way to disseminate the information.

Here is what the emails basically say:

Please join us in this FLY THE FLAG campaign and PLEASE forward this email immediately to everyone in your address book asking them to also forward it.

In the days, weeks and months following 9/11, our country was bathed in American flags as citizens mourned the incredible losses and stood shoulder-to-shoulder against terrorism. Sadly, those flags have all but disappeared. Our patriotism pulled us through some tough times and it shouldn't take another attack to galvanize us in solidarity. Our American flag is the fabric of our country and together we can prevail over terrorism of all kinds.

Action Plan: So, here's what we need to do...

(1) Forward this email to everyone you know (at least 11 people). Take a moment to think back to how you felt on 9/11 and let those sentiments guide you.

(2) Fly an American flag of any size on 9/11. Honestly, Americans should fly the flag year-round, but if you don't, then at least make it a priority on this day.

Thank you for your participation. God Bless You and God Bless America

Old 09-05-2006, 10:40 PM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

Default RE: September 11th -- NOTICE

[sm=americanasmiley.gif]
Old 09-05-2006, 10:47 PM
Twister
5th Gear Member

I fly the flag on the back of my 86!
Old 09-05-2006, 10:56 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

this campaign wasn't started by the flag manufacturer was it lol

yes, i'll be flying the colors as usual.....count me in.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:59 PM
celenztah
2nd Gear Member

I also remember everyone driving with headlights on. If I see a resurgence of that, I'll crank mine on the whole day.

One semi-bright remembrance of that time. I flew from Houston to Dallas the morning of 9-11 right around the same time it happened (and I hadn't flown for several years prior). As a result of the flight lock down, I had to try to find a rent car to get back that afternoon. Most rent cars were taken, but oddly, they had a brand spanking new bright red Mustang! I wanted to get home so bad that day, I averaged 105mph the whole way... making a 4 hour trip in a tad over 2!
Old 09-05-2006, 11:35 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

WOW what an awesome, crazy and ironic day you had.

I'm in too.............
[sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif]

[sm=patriot.gif]
ORIGINAL: celenztah

I also remember everyone driving with headlights on. If I see a resurgence of that, I'll crank mine on the whole day.

One semi-bright remembrance of that time. I flew from Houston to Dallas the morning of 9-11 right around the same time it happended (and I hadn't flown for several years prior). As a result of the flight lock down, I had to try to find a rent car to get back that afternoon. Most rent cars were taken, but oddly, they had a brand spanking new bright red Mustang! I wanted to get home so bad that day, I averaged 105mph the whole way... making a 4 hour trip in a tad over 2!

[IMG]local://upfiles/37368/B71D1BFFF87742C088469E85E3EE0B2F.jpg[/IMG]
Old 09-05-2006, 11:42 PM
RabidCharlie
1st Gear Member

I just drilled my flag brackets this weekend (new house). I will be proudly flying my Stars and Stripes and US Marine Corps flags in honor of the victims and heroes of 9-11. God Bless them.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:01 AM
Riven02
4th Gear Member

[sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif]
[sm=usa.gif][sm=usa.gif][sm=usa.gif][sm=usa.gif][sm=usa.gif][sm=usa.gif][sm=usa.gif][sm=usa.gif][sm=usa.gif][sm=usa.gif]
[sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif]
Old 09-06-2006, 09:33 PM
callahan
3rd Gear Member

I fly my American flag every day. I thank God I live in the greatest country in the world. I thank God for the brave men and women who sacrifice their very lives defending her. We must never let down our guard and must never forget that there are those who would like nothing more than to see our country's demise.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:34 PM
cam2904
4th Gear Member

Yeah I remember that day like yester day. Only thing is I will not have a flag on my car. For one reason only I am in the military thats proof enough not having to have a flag on my car to show my patriotism.

Quick Reply: September 11th -- NOTICE