Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Visible V-8 Engine! COMPLETED! *PICS*

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 06:58 PM
doodad
5th Gear Member

Default Visible V-8 Engine! COMPLETED! *PICS*

here is another visible engine.. this does not have motor.. l can manually rotate it.. but it works better than the electric ones.. l can turn this as fast as l can like real engine.. l think looks pretty cool and this was a lot more realistic than hemi. l am about to build another visible engine HEMI 426 RACE ONLY.
anyway.. here are some photos..

Old 09-08-2006, 07:12 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Visible V-8 Engine! COMPLETED! *PICS*

Damn dude, you do this things alot huh? Looks really cool though... I used to do car models when I was younger but never done one of these before. How long do they usually take?
Old 09-08-2006, 07:17 PM
wmtheflash
3rd Gear Member

Great job. I checked the company's website, looks like they have a model of the 427, but I didn't see the 4.6 L modular V8. Do you know of any companies that offer a kit?
Old 09-08-2006, 07:20 PM
Redfire
3rd Gear Member

Looks nice, doodad! I had one of those when I was a kid. But in those days, it was electric powered and also had little "grain of wheat" lightbulbs that were in the sparkplugs and lit up when each cylinder was to fire. I also had a Visible Slant 6 kit. I tortured it to death. I spun it up on an electric drill till it froze up! Ahh... to be 12 again!
Old 09-08-2006, 07:26 PM
Daniel06GT
3rd Gear Member

That's awesome! There's some dude out there that makes them small like that but actually run. They're sweet, i'll look to see if i can find a video of them.

-DG
Old 09-08-2006, 07:42 PM
doodad
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

Damn dude, you do this things alot huh? Looks really cool though... I used to do car models when I was younger but never done one of these before. How long do they usually take?
thanks! it depends on how experienced you are on engine models..it took me 3-4 days and l worked on it every day couple hours. (gotta work to earn some monney)
Old 09-08-2006, 07:44 PM
doodad
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wmtheflash

Great job. I checked the company's website, looks like they have a model of the 427, but I didn't see the 4.6 L modular V8. Do you know of any companies that offer a kit?
l really dont know.. l just search on the internet and whenever l find one, l just buy them! l bought HEMI 426 RACE ONLY and l havent even opened the box yet tired a little bit and l will start on that thing tomorrow.

here is a pic of it:

Old 09-08-2006, 07:46 PM
doodad
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Redfire

Looks nice, doodad! I had one of those when I was a kid. But in those days, it was electric powered and also had little "grain of wheat" lightbulbs that were in the sparkplugs and lit up when each cylinder was to fire. I also had a Visible Slant 6 kit. I tortured it to death. I spun it up on an electric drill till it froze up! Ahh... to be 12 again!
this is the same but newer one.. l bid on one of those original visible v-8 engines on e-bay l was at 33 bucks it was like last 5 mins and someone bid over me.. l bid untill 50 bucks then gave up. that dude paid like 60 bucks plus 15 bucks shipping. it had red manual tranny case and electric motor. well l already built hemi 426 engine it has electric motor and l push the button and watch the action and l am about to build race only hemi which has electric motor too.. but l would love to turn the lights off and crank the engine and watch those spark plug fires..
Old 09-08-2006, 07:59 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

damn i wish i could do that stuff.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:33 PM
doodad
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: petepete

damn i wish i could do that stuff.
you can.. just buy one and read the instructions carefully and slowly build.. it will take some time but when it is done you will be happy!

Quick Reply: Visible V-8 Engine! COMPLETED! *PICS*