Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody have a windshield changed yet?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 01:10 PM
Killer95Stang

Default Anybody have a windshield changed yet?

I just bought my 07GT 2 weeks ago, after an 8 week wait for shipment.... and now a cracked windshield (yeah, rock on freeway)...

Anybody replace one yet? How much was it, and did it have the running pony at the top?
Old 09-10-2006, 02:16 PM
hottymustang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Anybody have a windshield changed yet?

You can either get the pony on the top or not. I had to replace mine also because of a rock chip that got a star and then cracked from there. It was 175.00 for the winchsield without the pony, and if I remember correctly it was 250.00 with the pony.

I am sure that the price will vary between shops. I didn't do it at the dealer, I didn't even want to know how much they would charge me for it. The place that does the tint on all of my cars is also an auto glass place, so I just took it there.
Old 09-10-2006, 02:20 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

I now have 2 rock chips in my windsheild because of rocks falling off of an overpass on a highway, so Ill be replacing mine soon. Check with your insurance because here in Florida, state law mandates that the insurance company has to replace a broken or cracked windsheild free of charge to the owner.. might be the same way where you live.
Old 09-10-2006, 02:27 PM
Killer95Stang

No such law in CA.... My girlfriend just called and said she won $200.00 in Vegas, so I guess she is getting a new windshield...[8D]
Old 09-10-2006, 02:55 PM
Agleon
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

I now have 2 rock chips in my windsheild because of rocks falling off of an overpass on a highway, so Ill be replacing mine soon. Check with your insurance because here in Florida, state law mandates that the insurance company has to replace a broken or cracked windsheild free of charge to the owner.. might be the same way where you live.
This is true, Right after one of the many hurricanes last year, the window on my Jeep cracked. A glass company came to the house and replaced the windshield free of charge because of that law.
Old 09-10-2006, 03:08 PM
Fizzie06
3rd Gear Member

anyone if flordia need a roomate so my windshield gets fixed free
Old 09-10-2006, 03:12 PM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

Got a chip in mine as well, insurance said i had the choice to replace it with the pony logo or without, OR just get it "fixed" I didnt want to get it replaced yet because i have heard bad things so i had them "fix" it. And what they did was just stop it from cracking anymore and closed it up all nice nice. Not too bad of a job actually....
Old 09-10-2006, 03:26 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06stangGT

Got a chip in mine as well, insurance said i had the choice to replace it with the pony logo or without, OR just get it "fixed" I didnt want to get it replaced yet because i have heard bad things so i had them "fix" it. And what they did was just stop it from cracking anymore and closed it up all nice nice. Not too bad of a job actually....
They did this on my last car, because we were trading it in on the Stang so we opted not to have it replaced and just have it fixed. The crack was still there and visible but whatever they put on it did stop it from spreading. I think what they do is more of a fix for small spider cracks to keep them from spreading into big ones.. if the windsheild is damaged badly though, Id have them replace it because it could be dangerous in a wreck.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:15 PM
MalibuJerry350
1st Gear Member

On the way to work today, a rock hit my windshield and cracked it!! I called a few glass places and the price, installed, is just shy of 400 dollars!! Without the pony, about half that. Unfriggin' real. I drove my 70 Chevelle for 36 years on the same roads and highways and never had as much as a chip from stones, but, here, after 4 months of owning the GT, I get nailed. Can't win.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:48 PM
matto1975
2nd Gear Member

I live in SC and my windshield was free, even with the pony. Gotta love USAA insurance

Quick Reply: Anybody have a windshield changed yet?