Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KILLED on Ebay!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 12:10 PM
GaPony
1st Gear Member

Default KILLED on Ebay!!!!!!

I just finished running a 10 day auction on Ebay and to say the least I'm a little disappointed at what the high bid was. What I paid for the car a just over 4 months ago and what the high bid was are miles apart. Hell, Now I'm embarrased to admit what i paid for the car! Here is the auction address-Item number: 270025952994. Just go to Ebay and type this into the search box.
Reserve was $26,750. I had a high offer of $26,000 from a guy wanting to buy it outright. Probably should have taken it. Let me know how y'all would price it or what you think is a reasonable to expect out of this car. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[IMG]local://upfiles/36677/8A0226A8315B467392E286FC61749791.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/36677/3E00CA31C6364F2BB76A82F381A7FABE.jpg[/IMG]
Old 09-16-2006, 12:18 PM
ilduce321
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: KILLED on Ebay!!!!!!

Private Party Value on Kelly Blue Book on that car with no flaws is around $25k
Old 09-16-2006, 12:27 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Sorry to hear that, with new Mustangs being discounted(at least left over '06s) it's not a good time to sell/buy a used S197.
Unless one gets a very good deal(meaning owner takes a bath), I'd suggest getting a new one. Yes, the $26,000 someone offered should've gotten your interest....maybe you can still contact them. I bought an '05 GT last year(for sticker when everyone else had severe markups) and traded it in when Ford announced the 0%/72mo deal. I figured what I lost in the '05 investment-wise(original down payment/car payments-17 months worth/servicing/trade-in value), I'm still coming out ahead with the '06(about $80-$100 a month over life of car loan, including depreciation). Gonna have to take your lumps unfortunately. I'd say get out while you can, if you don't want your Mustang anymore.....every extra day makes the value go down further, nature of the beast.[sm=signs003.gif]
Old 09-16-2006, 01:44 PM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

it has been a standing rule for american cars for many years that you lose 20% of the value as soon as you roll it out of the showroom. Some more and some less, but if you are not going to keep a new american car for less than 3 years you will take a bath. In many cases you take a bath anyway.....
Old 09-16-2006, 01:56 PM
Horrific_Ending
4th Gear Member

HOLY $HIT i was watching your auction too!. I was like damn thats a nice *** car lets watch this and see where it goes.
Old 09-16-2006, 01:59 PM
Fambaa
2nd Gear Member

How but a trade....Ill give ya my 96 V6.....Its in really nice condition...almost flawless....how about it....ill take that lil Gt off yer hands ... i mean your getting the deal here i just feel bad for you....lol
Old 09-16-2006, 02:13 PM
Tri C
1st Gear Member

Reagrdless of how old it is, it's still a used vehicle. With new '06s selling for $25K or less, a bid of 26K was, IMHO, all the money there is for it. If you want it gone, I would suggest you try to put something together with that bidder - it's not going to get any more valuable as we head into the cold season.

Haven't looked at the ad but I see it has some body modifications. The general rule with mods is that they are money down the drain when it comes time to sell. Yes, there are exceptions but they are few and far between.
Old 09-16-2006, 02:25 PM
undecided.steve
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GaPony

I just finished running a 10 day auction on Ebay and to say the least I'm a little disappointed at what the high bid was. What I paid for the car a just over 4 months ago and what the high bid was are miles apart. Hell, Now I'm embarrased to admit what i paid for the car! Here is the auction address-Item number: 270025952994. Just go to Ebay and type this into the search box.
Reserve was $26,750. I had a high offer of $26,000 from a guy wanting to buy it outright. Probably should have taken it. Let me know how y'all would price it or what you think is a reasonable to expect out of this car. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Nice car!!!
Just for comparison, the dealer by me was selling a 2005 GT blue/auto/pretty well loaded but stock and it only had 3k miles on it for $25,000.
It was a one owner car and either he didn't drive it or the 3k miles were done 1/4 mile at a time

I may be wrong about this, but I suspect that mods, unless they are factory Rousche etc may actually hurt sales because people wonder if the car has been raced to test the mods and how competent the person installing them is.
Not everyone is going to feel this way of course, but it's kind of like having a built in swimming pool when you are selling a home.
For everyone who likes the pool, you will find a person who does not and you end up cutting your market somewhat and in fact never really making up the cost of the pool.
Better to upgrade the kitchen or bath.

Tri C has the right idea.

Currently you are still competing with the 06 new models, although there are none to be found in my neck of the woods.

I understand this is your baby, and it is indeed a beautiful car and I don't feel your price is out of line considering all the extras you have.
I would sit tight if I were you because you need to connect with a buyer who will appreciate the car for what it is and not try and compare it to a stock car of the same year.

Old 09-16-2006, 03:00 PM
grabberorange1
3rd Gear Member

I'd try to contact the guy with the 26K, my new '07 was just over 28K after negotiations...
Old 09-16-2006, 03:15 PM
undecided.steve
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: grabberorange1

I'd try to contact the guy with the 26K, my new '07 was just over 28K after negotiations...
Yea I think that would be a good idea.
What was sticker on your car if I may ask?
tia

Quick Reply: KILLED on Ebay!!!!!!