Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Winter.................

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 12:06 AM
Silencer06
2nd Gear Member

Location: Raised in Chicago; living near St. Louis in Troy, IL
Default RE: Winter.................

ORIGINAL: StangFreak06

I don't know where everyone is but it's starting to get a bit chilly here in chicago. Anyone thinking about puttin the Stang in the stable for the winter?

I currently live near Seattle so I only need to protect her from the rain, and yes, she's staying in the stable on those rainy days. I'll be moving to the St. Louis area around Feb or Mar, though, and then I need to deal with snow and salty roads and such. Fortunately I also have a 4x4 pickup, so again, my baby is staying in the stable. Primary reason: someone already mentioned it, but it's primarily because I don't trust OTHER drivers on the roads. Last thing I want is to be slid into by someone who doesn't compensate for slick roads....whether due to rain or snow or ice or whatever.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:18 AM
Scottyb825

Default RE: Winter.................

I got to park mine. Here in Pennsylvania the first sign of snow they like to salt and chip the road....my old car has about 100 little paint chips because of the crap they put on the roads...no way am I gonna let that happen to the Stang. I'll miss it but that will make spring so much better.