Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ugh so frusturating someone help

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 08:44 PM
goffball5
2nd Gear Member

Default Ugh so frusturating someone help

Ok so iv posted this here once, and in the v6 forum but im not getting anything back, this is it guys. Im insanely frusturated. Ok, so there is some vibrating noise goin on near the back end of the car. I just got Flowmaster true dual AT's installed. I took it to where i got it installed. He said that the left pipe was a lil close to the spare tire well, so he adjusted that, and he also said that the fastener under the middle of the rear bumper is gone( thanks to my ford dealership for being lazy enough to rush the job and not put the right fastener in), so he said its either one of those things. But lately the vibrating noise has been going on more often, and honestly it doesnt sound like the bumper. It usually happens when im coming to a stop. I guess i should just bring it back to my installer again?? PLEASE HELP!!
Old 10-03-2006, 08:46 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Ugh so frusturating someone help

happens with mine too. makes the whole car vibrate bu tit really is touching th ebumper and vibrating the car. SO im changing to magnadrones for better clearance o_O
Old 10-03-2006, 09:40 PM
goffball5
2nd Gear Member

so it could be the bumper touching the pipe? i dono if thats it cause, i got out of the car, while in park, engine still running, and it was making the vibrating noise, and there was no bumper touching the bumper, i think it may have something to do with clearance UNDER the car. something to do with the left pipe
Old 10-03-2006, 09:55 PM
JOHNNY
2nd Gear Member

I installed magnafow duals on 2, 05 mustang 4.0 it took some adjusting of the pipes where they go over the axel to get it right. At idel they were fine but if you jump on it they vibrated and at high speeds . I put 3 more tailpipe hangers in the drivers side to fix it. the singel exhust has a vibration weight on it from the factory. Hope this helps???
Old 10-03-2006, 10:13 PM
Black06stang
4th Gear Member

I have the same problem with my dual American thunders. At a stop there is rattle/vibration from the left muffler.
Old 10-03-2006, 10:19 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

The only time I ever had a vibration from my Flows, I went back under and torqued the living crap out of the clamp connecting to the axle-over....Never came back....

I do remember that one guy posted that he had the same thing, took one of those extendable magnetic pick up tools, shoved it inside his muffler, and dug out some metal pieces...no more vibration.....

Good luck,
Mike
Old 10-03-2006, 11:17 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Check the mounting arms on the mufflers to make sure they are not touching the body. I know alot of people have complained about that and they just cut a little off.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:45 AM
toolttime
2nd Gear Member

I read on a forum not sure which one but someone found that a spot welds on the rear deck where speraker are had broke loose. From inside truck check the bottom side of the hat tray for any problem with welds. Lot of o5-06 stangers have found thuis problem
Old 10-04-2006, 01:42 AM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

lol everything in my car vibrates cause the mrt is so loud. You can hear the change in my cupholder shaking.

post #800 yay!
Old 10-04-2006, 02:18 AM
goffball5
2nd Gear Member

haha this isnt like a cute little vibration, this is like...osama bin laden vibration

Quick Reply: Ugh so frusturating someone help