Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pre-painted Body Kits

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 10:14 AM
oakman
2nd Gear Member

Default Pre-painted Body Kits

I am looking for pre-painted body kits. Any vendor suggestions? Thanks.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:33 AM
Archion
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Pre-painted Body Kits

Sorry but I cant recall ever seeing any...
Old 10-05-2006, 12:52 PM
Gman13
3rd Gear Member

Try www.atlantamustang.com they have prepainted parts. I believe you can also get prepainted stuff on the Roush site.

Old 10-05-2006, 03:25 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Prepainted stuff is good but the only problem is trying to blend it to your car. There are some color discrepencies between paint buckets. In my opinion, have a good body shop paint your stuff for you so he can blend the color of the part to your car.
Old 10-05-2006, 04:47 PM
Nichepi
3rd Gear Member

05blueT is right. As a company that sales body parts hoods were exceptional tuff to paint and then send to customers because 1, even if we had the correct paint codes that wasn't a garentee it would match. And then of course hsipping the product. Several units I experimented in painting and then shipping to customers would often have a scratch or something from freight shipping and then the customer would be all ticked off. So as far as credability for a company it started to hurt because customers would us as fault for shipping scratches so in the long run it just wasn't worth painting nad then shippping. Considering most customers do not understand what it takes to install a body part, especally an aftermarket body part its just better for every customer whom is looking into purchasing a hood or kit to find a local body shop, get quoted and have the products sent there. Trying to nickle and dime everything will only tick you off in the long run.
I know that especally on the yellow mustangs its real tuff to colormatch many of the times.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:17 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Nichepi is right about the color match. For instance on the Sonic Blue like mine, color code SN was slightly off when I had my first set of window louvers painted. When my car was hail damaged, my body shop guy searched the internet for the formula and found that someone else had a better matching formula than the factory one. He used that one and it was a perfect match. Cars do get sun bleached even if it is a little so chances are that your car will not be an exact match to the piece that you get prepainted.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:48 PM
Bish
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Gman13

Try www.atlantamustang.com they have prepainted parts. I believe you can also get prepainted stuff on the Roush site.

I ordered my side scoops from them, painted. The color was just a tad off but in certain light you can't even tell. For the most part is was close enough, I wasn't sending them back.

Old 10-06-2006, 02:21 PM
oakman
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the pictures. Thanks to everyone else for your comments. Got me to thinking if I want to trust pre painted stuff. I will try to find a good body shop here in southwest Houston to paint to match. Cuz I am planning on getting the boy racer kit from 3d carbon which will have quite a few mods to paint.[sm=goodidea.gif]
Old 10-06-2006, 02:54 PM
Nichepi
3rd Gear Member

oakman, you far from arlighton?
Old 10-06-2006, 02:58 PM
oakman
2nd Gear Member

I am in SugarLand, a city suburb of Houston. Grew up in Dallas, I know exactly where Arlington is - a little far for a body shop. Thanks for the input though. I need a real good one a little closer to home

Quick Reply: Pre-painted Body Kits