Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SERIOUS LEAKING/ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS WITH 05+ MUSTANGS

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 04:04 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: SERIOUS LEAKING/ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS WITH 05+ MUSTANGS

From what I understand from Mazda/ford in canada is that the leak will not happen with the 07's after 09-06? checked mine and nothing, it is sealed differerent at the seams on the right lower side!!
Old 02-13-2007, 07:48 PM
Buckshot Barry
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2cokeman

From what I understand from Mazda/ford in canada is that the leak will not happen with the 07's after 09-06? checked mine and nothing, it is sealed differerent at the seams on the right lower side!!
GOT MY FINGERS CROSSED!!!!!!
Old 02-13-2007, 08:48 PM
celenztah
2nd Gear Member

This is but sheer speculation, but wouldn't the official release of a TSB on an issue that seriously affects resale value (and/or safety as in the case of electronics failures or erratic behaviors) be paramount to admitting the problem as more than just fluke and therefore possibly put Ford in the position of being forced into a very costlyofficial recall?
Old 02-13-2007, 11:39 PM
Juntech
3rd Gear Member

Bascho, what's the word on the TSB? Believe it or not, i'm just waiting for it to be official before buying a mustang.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:11 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

That is interesting. Perhaps all those who have posted thattheir cars leak, should post when their cars were made. Maybe it will help pin point the problem.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:55 PM
Centurion96
2nd Gear Member

Hope this is true as it confirms what I've been seeing. My '07 GT vert was built in December and It just went through one of our local frog stranglers yesterday afternoon. About 3" in 30 minutes and it was completely dry afterwards.

Old 02-14-2007, 11:57 PM
Ken M
1st Gear Member

Hey 07 Stang...
You're absolutely right. Whenever anyone posts about a problem or a has a specific question I wish they would include pertinent details about their car. Year, model, transmission, etc.
I put all that in my sig, and wish everyone would do that. I suggestedinfo in the sig be a "requirement" to the forum moderators, but they said there would be no way to "enforce" it.
Let;s just hope comments like yours and mine encourages others to include year and model info in their post or put it permanently in their sig.
Old 02-17-2007, 02:47 PM
TerryH

It sounds like the TSB will probably cover the problem. I first fixed this leak at Redlands Ford a few years ago. If anyone inLA or Orange Co.needs this or any otherleak fixed, they canemail me at leak_solutions@ verizon.net

I've been in the water/wind leak repair business for 15 years andI guarantee my work. Please don't ask me how todo the repair. This is how I make my living. Thanks!
Old 02-26-2007, 03:56 AM
Bruiser Stang

I have an '07 5spd. GT, and I have checked it out, and I have slight dampness, and smell down in the passenger side panel by the floor inside. No major when I checked it, but it could have been drying out when I checked....need to check it again though.

Old 02-26-2007, 09:11 AM
steve1173

If this is the case when one comes in for leaks why don't they just reseal the same area the same way on others.

Quick Reply: SERIOUS LEAKING/ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS WITH 05+ MUSTANGS