Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP LMs installed(pics)

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 03:21 PM
555*
3rd Gear Member

Default SLP LMs installed(pics)

Just thought I'd toss out some pics of my SLPs installed:

I'd have to say I was very surprised at how heavy the rear mufflers are. From what I hear you lose somewhere between 4-7 hp with these, but wouldn't the wieght difference make up for the loss? They sound great. Not really as loud as I thought they would be, maybe that will change after LT headers and a high flow catted H-pipe.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:24 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Default RE: SLP LMs installed(pics)

ORIGINAL: 555*

I'd have to say I was very surprised at how heavy the rear mufflers are. From what I hear you lose somewhere between 4-7 hp with these, but wouldn't the wieght difference make up for the loss? They sound great. Not really as loud as I thought they would be, maybe that will change after LT headers and a high flow catted H-pipe.
They look awesome But im kinda partial lol.. car looks good too. Let them wear in a little bit and in a week or 2 youll notice they will get progressively louder up until about 800-1000 miles. And yeah once you change out the other exhaust pieces they will be alot louder, some people are actually switching back to stock after they change the other pieces because its too loud. I probably wont do that because I love the sound of them.. I love how loud they are when you really step on it, I just wish it was slightly louder when cruising slowly or idling.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:27 PM
mikerdrocker
1st Gear Member

Is this true you would lose hp with slp's
Old 10-09-2006, 05:33 PM
555*
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

ORIGINAL: 555*

They look awesome But im kinda partial lol.. car looks good too. Let them wear in a little bit and in a week or 2 youll notice they will get progressively louder up until about 800-1000 miles. And yeah once you change out the other exhaust pieces they will be alot louder, some people are actually switching back to stock after they change the other pieces because its too loud. I probably wont do that because I love the sound of them.. I love how loud they are when you really step on it, I just wish it was slightly louder when cruising slowly or idling.
Appreciate the compliments. I got them used so I think they may be already broke in. I think they sound great so weather they get louder or not isn't a big deal.
torch red
4th Gear Member

I say you have to let them stick out a little further..they look to flush with the bumper.. IMO
555*
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mikerdrocker

Is this true you would lose hp with slp's
So I've heard. I've yet to see some actual dyno graphs showing the difference though.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:24 PM
RICAKILLA
2nd Gear Member

Very nice i have them too i LOVE them.. Have you heard them from outside the car or just inside? Cause they are really quiet from the inside versus you being outside....
I agree with Torch Red have em out a lil more sho em off!
Old 10-09-2006, 08:03 PM
555*
3rd Gear Member

I've heard them outside, with my gf revving it. I havent heard them from the ouside while driving and probably never will since I don't let anyone drive it . But I'm sure it sounds as good as it does from the inside, on the outside.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:49 PM
ratzila
2nd Gear Member

Just roll your windows down and then floor it. They will come alive[sm=gears.gif]
Old 10-09-2006, 09:06 PM
RICAKILLA
2nd Gear Member

hehe yes.......

Quick Reply: SLP LMs installed(pics)