Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

worst day ever!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 02:50 PM
sw07gt
4th Gear Member

Default RE: worst day ever!

You wouldn't be in the hospital. Ive been in my friends car when we were hit by someone going 40 and neither one of us was hurt and neither was the girl that hit us.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:01 PM
Silky_Johnston
2nd Gear Member

man that sucks...hope you are ok. The car will be fixed in no time...trust me! My GT got damaged back in June.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:56 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sw07gt

You wouldn't be in the hospital. Ive been in my friends car when we were hit by someone going 40 and neither one of us was hurt and neither was the girl that hit us.
Um... 40 is the speed that the NHTSA uses to rate their crash test cars. A vehicle hit going 40 will a nice bit of damage to it and if youre inside you are most likely injured. Just some stats for you.. "75% of all fatal crashes happen within 25 miles from home at speeds of 45mph or lower."(NHTSA.dot.gov) So either you guys got -really- lucky... or she only thought she was going 40
Old 10-12-2006, 04:14 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

Um... 40 is the speed that the NHTSA uses to rate their crash test cars. A vehicle hit going 40 will a nice bit of damage to it and if youre inside you are most likely injured. Just some stats for you.. "75% of all fatal crashes happen within 25 miles from home at speeds of 45mph or lower."(NHTSA.dot.gov) So either you guys got -really- lucky... or she only thought she was going 40
bl1nkage, as always, good job on doing your research!!! providing the link....priceless!! [sm=hail.gif]
Old 10-12-2006, 04:18 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StowesStang

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

bl1nkage, as always, good job on doing your research!!! providing the link....priceless!! [sm=hail.gif]
Thanks, without proof its just internet babble. [8D]
Old 10-12-2006, 04:59 PM
phrkshw
2nd Gear Member

i drove a jeep and a '65 mustang in highschool - i drive into **** on purpose! lol

but, if this had happened to my '06 i might have hurt someone. I dont think i could keep my head if someone hit me in my new one.

sorry about your day, glad its only minor stuff! could have been way way way worse!
Old 10-12-2006, 05:56 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro

today it was raining really hard and it was very wet outside. so going into the school parking lot today i slid into the guy in front of me. No damage at all, and it was a very light tap, but it still scared the **** out of me. so i was driving very carefully at lunch and on the way home, but on the way home i have to slam on my breaks because the guy in front of me decides to stop hard and make a left without using his blinker at all. well i look in me rear view mirror and i see this honda pilot flying behind me. i realize there is no way they are going to stop fast enough so i brace myself and BOOM! hits me doin 25. so i pull over to the side of the road thinking the worst and wow....minor paint damage on the rear bumper was it. I guess taking my foot off the break and keeping the clutch in helped a bit, but i am still really depressed because i need a new bumper and such. Seems like our cars are VERY sturdy though as in most other cars i would think that kind of hit would have torn right into my bumper and probably smashed up some other stuff. well i just thought i needed to vent cause my day sucked.

That sucks, but you are OK..that's always good.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:05 PM
sw07gt
4th Gear Member

we were probably just really lucky
Old 10-12-2006, 06:40 PM
GM Supercar
1st Gear Member

Sorry, I call BS. Let me get this straight - you were in a car that was not moving, and someone hit you at 40 MPH --- and nobody was hurt? Have you any idea what cars look like when they do crash tests at 35 MPH?
Old 10-12-2006, 07:15 PM
sw07gt
4th Gear Member

yea the saturn that hit us was totally ****ed up the front was almost up to the windshield a wheel fell off parts from her engine were everywhere