Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

why did for make these new stangs so slow?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 03:23 PM
Sonic3v
4th Gear Member

Default RE: why did for make these new stangs so slow?

ORIGINAL: Nadelle
... remember your going to a track, where peaple who drive fast bring their fast cars.

Nuff said...
+1

There will always be someone faster.
Old 10-22-2006, 03:41 PM
2k05gt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Horrific_Ending

trust me these cars can get pretty fast. Check out rygen he is running a v6 stang turbo'd and he is running in the 12's.
Rygen was at the track yesterday, he helped me adjust my shift points with my tuner but it did not help,

ORIGINAL: TMG

You should be running quicker than that with those mods. Was it the first time at the track? Just gotta keep practicing.

What was you 60'? Theres a lot of factors you need to think about...wheel size, tire pressure...
I have been to the track three times now, a total of about 25 runs, 95% of my runs are a consistant 13.5X I had two runs a 13.363 and 13.421

I agree I should be running better than that, most of my 60' times are 1.99 - 2.15 so these are ok for street tires, I think I should have better trap speeds but my fastest was 103.5 and since my 60' time was ok I did not lower the tire pressure int he rear

One problem could be that I am running KDW Gforce TA 275 40 zr 18 on all 4 corners some drag here and me weighing 210 does not help. My rims are aftermarket 18X9 Bullitt rims.
Old 10-22-2006, 03:51 PM
2k05gt
4th Gear Member

LoL if you need a confidence booster, then race my focus, i bet i run 15's...maybe!?![&:]
LOL, I raced a 06 Dodge Charger RT Hemi and had over a second on him so I don't feel that bad.
I had a 13.56 and he had a 14.79
Old 10-22-2006, 07:33 PM
stangmann
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2k05gt

LoL if you need a confidence booster, then race my focus, i bet i run 15's...maybe!?![&:]
LOL, I raced a 06 Dodge Charger RT Hemi and had over a second on him so I don't feel that bad.
I had a 13.56 and he had a 14.79
wow the charger hemi really gets a 14.79 what a pig, thought they were faster
Old 10-22-2006, 08:24 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

With these mods you should be alot faster, right now your only about .2 theths under stock. Keep praticing and you'll be there. Hey sink a couple grand into it (handeling, tires, turbo) paint it primer color and you;ll be the ultimate sleeper. Good luck and don't worry about how slow you car is just have fun and enjoy it.

ORIGINAL: 2k05gt

ORIGINAL: Orion_240

I think it would help if you told us what mods you have.
A 13.4 is very respectful for a stock car that goes for under $30K, and is one of the best times I've seen so far, if stock.
If you have the full intake/ exhaust/suspension setup then it's a fair time. Of course it sounds like you did even more to your car and then I'd guess it's the driver and not the car!
Don't Get me wrong, I Love my Car, I have won two trophies at car shows and I get a ton of comments everywhere I go,
I have 26000 miles on it in one year, so I love driving it.

Click my SIG, But here is my List:
JLT II CAI
Roush Underdrive Pullies
SCT II 93 Octane Tune
FFRP 4.10 Gears
MAC Exhaust

Old 10-22-2006, 08:38 PM
Burke0011
2nd Gear Member

I had my 05 auto and with cai/tune/xpipe/3.73s the best I did was a 13.37

With the autos they will usually run really consistent - I don't see you being that bad off - dropping the tire pressure and making sure you have no more than 1/2 tank of gas could help a bit. (you will be off the line quick but loose some at the top end with the 4.10s too.

Whose tune are you running? If you are running the sotfck SCT tune, get one from Doug at Bamachips - you'll pick up a couple of tenths right there.......

Yeah something is up with that 350Z to be running that fast.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:12 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Isn't purging your nitrous system mostly for show? I bet no one purges it right before each run, especially if they want you to think they don't have it.

Is it possible for a civic to run that fast without nitrous or turbo, S/C?
Old 10-22-2006, 10:17 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

When I drive in everyday traffic chances are my car is faster than the majority.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:20 PM
Juntech
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 281GT

13.4 is NOT slow!!! If someone got a Civic to run as fast as you say they probably spent more money that the little POS is worth and then some. Also if you push a tiny 4 cyl engine that hard you MIGHT get one season out of it. EVO's , SRT4's WRX's and so on are very respectable cars in thier own right however they are turboed. Put a turbo on yor Mustang and see what happens. You need to look at the whole picture. You will NOT find a car that outperforms the Mustang for the same money. It's a reasonably priced good solid platform that has a TON of performance parts available. So if you're not happy with it go ahead and start modifying but to say any car that runs a 13.4 and meets today's emmision specs is slow, well I have to disagree with you.
Not to contradict your fine judgment, but Civics are NOT POS'. Sure they're slower than grandma's buick but what they dont have they make up in reliability , integrity and resale value.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:29 PM
2k05gt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Burke0011

I had my 05 auto and with cai/tune/xpipe/3.73s the best I did was a 13.37

With the autos they will usually run really consistent - I don't see you being that bad off - dropping the tire pressure and making sure you have no more than 1/2 tank of gas could help a bit. (you will be off the line quick but loose some at the top end with the 4.10s too.

Whose tune are you running? If you are running the sotfck SCT tune, get one from Doug at Bamachips - you'll pick up a couple of tenths right there.......

Yeah something is up with that 350Z to be running that fast.
I always run with 1/4 tank of gas, and my tune is from Evolution Performance.
I also tried my Dyno Tune I got from my Local tuner no Differance.

ORIGINAL: moosestang

Isn't purging your nitrous system mostly for show? I bet no one purges it right before each run, especially if they want you to think they don't have it.

Is it possible for a civic to run that fast without nitrous or turbo, S/C?
I think the purging is to get rid of the liquid in the lines, I think the gas will liquify in a short period of time.
That Civic was a track car, with a turbo, I walked by it later that day when the hood was open after his las run of the day, btw he ran a 12.6. if you want I can post a link to the video.

Quick Reply: why did for make these new stangs so slow?