Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paintless Dent Removal

Old 10-22-2006, 03:22 PM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

Default Paintless Dent Removal

Can anyone recommend a company that does paintless dent removal. I live in Tennessee close to Nashville. I know of 2; Dent Wizard and Dent Doctor. Anyone had any experience with this process or these companies? Any comments or feedback would be appreciated. Also, I would like to know what it would cost for minor dings etc. I think I read somewhere where it is very reasonable.
Old 10-22-2006, 03:43 PM
MobyDickDog
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Paintless Dent Removal

I can't tell you a location in your area.

My cousin does this for a living. He had his own body shop for years. Got out of that and into PDR. I'm a little biased, but he is awesome at doing PDR. He has even "invented" a couple of these giant "screwdriver" tools himself. At the moment he is working in Columbus Ohio. He is hooked up through insurance companies and travels around the USA. He starts salivating when he heres the words "hail storm". It's like Pavlovs dog. I have even seen his magic performed on a Black car. After he was done you CAN NOT tell where the dent was located. AWESOME stuff especially if the guy is good at it.

IF your paint is chipped/cracked/damaged, PDR is not for you. If the paint is fine, PDR is for you.

PDR is not expensive considering the cost of repaint etc.
Old 10-22-2006, 06:21 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BeeStang
Can anyone recommend a company that does paintless dent removal. I live in Tennessee close to Nashville. I know of 2; Dent Wizard and Dent Doctor. Anyone had any experience with this process or these companies? Any comments or feedback would be appreciated. Also, I would like to know what it would cost for minor dings etc. I think I read somewhere where it is very reasonable.
I'm in Micigan, can't advise on dealer. I had some PDR work done on a car a few years ago. It looked OK at first but after a while I noticed it was not too good. It was in an area that was hard to see and the car was inside a shop with less than perfect lighting. If you get it done make sure the guy works in a well lit location.

But I have heard others have had great success.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:01 PM
Mark25
1st Gear Member

Wish I could recommend someone in your area...I have used the same dentman for the past nine years...he's fabulous...I used someone else one other time and he was nowhere near as good...keep asking around, eventually you'll find the right person.

With five cars and I use him about 3 times a year...he charges me $20 a ding...if you're new, then the price goes up by 50% (even higher when your bill comes from Dentwizard or DentKing...mine works for Dentwizard, however, I call him on his cell phone to set up my appointments)...Go to various dealers...there will be a consensus as to whom you should hook up with...the word gets around when one guy is particularly good...
Old 10-22-2006, 09:21 PM
BAMFstang
3rd Gear Member

I've used them a couple times, once on my GF's car and once on my Stang.

You can't tell the dents were ever there.

The pic is the dent I had on my mustang hood. You can see how bad it was and the location was in the worst possible spot, right on the line on the hood. After he was done, I couldn't pinpoint where it was, it completely vanished

If the guy knows his stuff, it is well worth it.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:05 PM
Tri C
1st Gear Member

I've used both Dent Wizard and Dent Doctor in Columbus, Ohio. Prices at DW are higher, at least here. Repair of a single relatively small dent may cost $80 to $100 at regular shop rates.

As others have said, repair quality may vary depending on the quality of the technician, just like anything else. I will say, though, they are capable of seeming magic and can usually fix any dent as long as the paint has not been broken.

Just took my van in yesterday for PDR of in excess of $3000 in hail damage sustained on October 4. It is dark blue so I'm most curious to see how well they do taking out the many small dents. Fortunately, my Mustang was in the garage and not damaged by the storm.

Maybe your cousin will be working on it, MobyDickDog.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:17 AM
MobyDickDog
2nd Gear Member

Tri C

I just talked to him on Friday and he told me where he was working but I of course didn't pay too close attention. I'll try and get in touch with him tomorrow (Monday) and find out where he's working. I do seem to remember he is staying on the SE side of Columbus and working on the SW side of Columbus. I'll check.

He seems to think he will be there until December. I guess there was a lot of damage.

PDR is a 6 figure per year type of job as long as mother nature plays dirty. Insurance companies love it.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:24 AM
Horrific_Ending
4th Gear Member

ok whats this Dent Wizard and Dent Doctor you guys speak of? i just recently took my stang in to pop a couple little dents out and they wanted to charge me 500 bucks for 2 little dents.
Old 10-23-2006, 12:18 PM
Anomalus1
1st Gear Member

Dent Wizard, and i presume Dent Doctor's the same, are small dent repair shops/crews that fix dents without having to repaint the area. I had to have Dent Wizard work on a dent i received on the rear driver fender right on the crease. Cost $160 to fix it (1$0 everytime there after!) and i can tell you that i had a hard time finding the dent afterwards. However, if you look closely, i mean real close, you can barely see what procedure they used to fix the dent.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:55 PM
MobyDickDog
2nd Gear Member

Tri C,

I just got off the telephone with my Cousin. He is doing PDR out of a Body Shop called THREE C BODY SHOP. I guess it's on the SW side of Columbus. My cousin lives in Kansas and travels to areas that have been hit with hail.

Three C Body Shop
2300 Briggs
Columbus, OH

I just noticed that your "Call Sign" Tri C and the name of the Body shop Three C is pretty peculiar.

Is that because of Cincinnati, Columbus, Clevland???

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Paintless Dent Removal