MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Superchargers! Why not turbos? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/199791-superchargers-why-not-turbos.html)

UAE_Muscle 10-31-2006 04:36 AM

Superchargers! Why not turbos?

Out of curiosity why are there no mustangs with turbos? all iv heard about are superchargerd. I think the modern turbo are much better cuz they open up at an early stage. Thanks infront

sorry for my english im not a native speaker

bl1nk 10-31-2006 05:10 AM

RE: Superchargers! Why not turbos?

There are a few out there, and yeah theyre pretty good, I think people get SCs just because of the instant power.

undefeated 10-31-2006 09:48 AM

ORIGINAL: UAE_Muscle

Out of curiosity why are there no mustangs with turbos? all iv heard about are superchargerd. I think the modern turbo are much better cuz they open up at an early stage. Thanks infront

sorry for my english im not a native speaker
I'm thinking about this turbo set up.

A_Sixer 10-31-2006 10:32 AM

I went SC for these reasons.....

Could not afford the turbo price + installation cost.

I could afford the SC and did the install myself.

I love my SC no doubt but If I had the money for the unit and the install I would have gone PH.

P Zero 10-31-2006 10:55 AM

Theres a couple of reasons most people dont turbo their stangs, 1 is the lack of space in the engine compartment for the turbo and all of the piping, while its not impossible it is very difficult. 2 most people think that turbos are more complicated, which theyre not. And a lot of muscle car people think that turbos are for "ricers'
-P.

AllVenom 10-31-2006 11:02 AM

ORIGINAL: P Zero

Theres a couple of reasons most people dont turbo their stangs, 1 is the lack of space in the engine compartment for the turbo and all of the piping, while its not impossible it is very difficult. 2 most people think that turbos are more complicated, which theyre not. And a lot of muscle car people think that turbos are for "ricers'
-P.
Exactly what he said above. However, a Turbo on a V8 is just not fair to the rest of the world and if I had the money, I'd have the setup. You can make so much more power out of a Turbo setup.

Jerseyfury2 10-31-2006 11:43 AM

rygen in the v6 section runs a powerhouse pipeline turbo on his V6...pulling 10.3 lbs of boost he ran a 12.4!!! now if a v6 runs that...only can imagine what a v8 would do [sm=lildevil.gif]

moosestang 10-31-2006 01:13 PM

10.65 @131mph, if you follow the link to pmpparts.com you'll see that's what their shop car ran, not sure how much boost they were running though.

ORIGINAL: Jerseyfury2

rygen in the v6 section runs a powerhouse pipeline turbo on his V6...pulling 10.3 lbs of boost he ran a 12.4!!! now if a v6 runs that...only can imagine what a v8 would do [sm=lildevil.gif]

GGIII 10-31-2006 01:14 PM

I'm going turbo.

moosestang 10-31-2006 01:14 PM

ORIGINAL: undefeated

I'm thinking about this turbo set up.
Did you call for a price? How much?