Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New best ET and MPH Today.

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 09:39 PM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

Default New best ET and MPH Today.

At this rate 12's will be only a matter of track days away, and on the stock 18" rubber.

Best run of the day, also first run of the day. 13.264 @ 105.88 with a 1.994 60'

best MPH was in the 106's but I spun the tires thru first. I bogged on the launch on my 2nd run and came away still with a 13.32 @105.99 and still managed a 2.044 60' On the second and third runs I was able to cool the engine down, since it seemed everyone was breaking down.. And it shows in the MPH.

The best part was a guy had an 05+ with roushcharger on his car (a 5 speed manual) and all he could run was 13.25-13.4's at around 107-108mph) I was laughing at him and his supercharger.

All he could come up with at the end is because I spun the tire thru first on my last run I got beat by a turbo civic that ran 13.22, I would be afraid to show my face at the track if I could not even get a 12 second run out of a supercharged 05.

A supra almost flipped running today, the fool did not let off the gas when he started to lose it and well he slammed into the gaurd rail just past the 330' mark and got some nice air, ripped off his font skirt did a 180 and landed on his wheels. well the 2 wheels that were still inflated..

This was a low 10 second supra and less then 1000 miles on the engine. Talk about having a bad day
Old 11-05-2006, 09:48 PM
redfireshaker06
4th Gear Member

Default RE: New best ET and MPH Today.

Awesome, and this was on stock rubber and those are your only mods? I have the JLT CAI, Steeda UDPs, and VMP Xcal 2 tune. Should I be able to do the same thing? I also have a set of rims with MT ET drags mounted on them.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:52 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

When you coming to Gainesville? There was a silver GT there running 13.2, but he had DR's and possibly a power adder. I'm going this Wed. with weather permitting. I wish I had some better tires.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:54 PM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

Yep, the only mods done were the C&L Racer CAI and VMP Tunings SCT Xcal-2 tune. Justin tweaked my tune alittle when I had the car on his dyno.
Once I get the LTs installed and the CMCV delete plates I'm going back to Justins shop (VMP Tuning) and having him tune it on the dyno.

Oh and yes they are the Stock 235's on the polished 18" bullits
Old 11-05-2006, 09:57 PM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

When you coming to Gainesville? There was a silver GT there running 13.2, but he had DR's and possibly a power adder. I'm going this Wed. with weather permitting. I wish I had some better tires.

If the Weather looks promising I will try and make it up to the G-ville track.. I want to hit 12's before I put on the LTs. I wish the car came with better tires stock. I don't get why they could not have at least put 255's on the rear. Oh well..

The only thing that really pissed me off is that OSW charges 75cents for air. So I did not get to put the fronts at 42psi. they were at the stock 32.. I'll have to remember to stop at a gas station before next time. Does G-ville give free air like Bradenton..?
Old 11-05-2006, 10:08 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I have no idea, I aired my rear back up using a 12v compressor, but I only lowered them to 25psi. I didn't touch the fronts. I might remove my front swaybar and ditch my spare this time. I'll check into the air thing, but a gas station will charge you just as much for air if not more.

ORIGINAL: vsop

If the Weather looks promising I will try and make it up to the G-ville track.. I want to hit 12's before I put on the LTs. I wish the car came with better tires stock. I don't get why they could not have at least put 255's on the rear. Oh well..

The only thing that really pissed me off is that OSW charges 75cents for air. So I did not get to put the fronts at 42psi. they were at the stock 32.. I'll have to remember to stop at a gas station before next time. Does G-ville give free air like Bradenton..?
Old 11-05-2006, 10:11 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

what a gas station charging for air the one near my house has free air
Old 11-05-2006, 10:14 PM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

I have no idea, I aired my rear back up using a 12v compressor, but I only lowered them to 25psi. I didn't touch the fronts. I might remove my front swaybar and ditch my spare this time. I'll check into the air thing, but a gas station will charge you just as much for air if not more.

Some gas stations charge you and some don't. I still rather give my money to a gas station then the A holes that run OSW. The place is a joke. I really hope they sell it and someone that actualy cares buys it like Bradenton years ago
Old 11-05-2006, 10:15 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Not in my neck of the woods, nothing is free here. Sex(had type a different word, but i'm trying to respect the ladies more) is still free if you're good looking or have a nice car, luckily I fall into both categories.

ORIGINAL: Ford_Dude

what a gas station charging for air the one near my house has free air
Old 11-06-2006, 12:38 AM
Burke0011
2nd Gear Member

What track?

Quick Reply: New best ET and MPH Today.