MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Keep mustang or go used viper???????/ (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/204618-keep-mustang-or-go-used-viper.html)

redlinedrummer 11-11-2006 07:53 PM

Keep mustang or go used viper???????/

Need advice from all you guys. Should i trade in my 05 mustang for this 02 Viper with 16000 original miles? Got the okay from my old lady to go for it....Been a ford guy all my life, but this Viper is just sick!

Arwing 11-11-2006 07:55 PM

RE: Keep mustang or go used viper???????/

Not a big fan of vipers....but id go with the viper.

redlinedrummer 11-11-2006 07:58 PM

Here is a pic of the Viper i'm thinking of trading the mustang in for......

sw07gt 11-11-2006 07:58 PM

I love mustangs too but go with the viper.

Maraman 11-11-2006 08:00 PM

i love mustangs, but comon its a viper. go with the viper

DuFFMaNN 11-11-2006 08:03 PM

hate vipers, heard many bad thing from viper owners, look goo and fast yes, but just heard to many horror stories. Stay with stang or trade and then sell the viper. JMO though.

amiller44 11-11-2006 08:05 PM

I had a Viper, sold it and bought a Mustang.. Go for the Viper, It's the best car I have ever had by far!!!

SlinkyBMX 11-11-2006 08:06 PM

Is it a straight trade? If so I think you would be getting one hell of a deal! I love vipers. I was actually looking for one until I decided to go with a Mustang. I love my Stang but... its a Viper!

Black3vGT 11-11-2006 08:52 PM

Drive it first. There a pain. But like the others said, it's a Viper, if you can stand the ride go for it.

blackout 11-11-2006 08:58 PM

Test drive it, if you like it better get it! Just be aware that it's a 2002 and is used, there will be some problems I can promise you that.

-Jeff

bl1nk 11-11-2006 09:04 PM

Ive always liked Vipers... you know, when youre a little kid brands dont mean a damn thing.. you like what you like and thats it. Saying that.. after seeing that Viper, Id honestly stay with the Stang.. Im not a big fan of black Vipers (or that body style.. not sure what year that is but I dont like it), and I definately wouldnt want one with stripes on it that look like they belong on a mid 90s Camaro.

StowesStang 11-11-2006 09:14 PM

Man I love my stang but after I saw that slick black Viper, woooooo!!! Ive never had one or rode in one for that matter so I have no idea about performance but that car looked pretty sweet!! I dont know, it would be hard for me to let go of my stang for a Dodge! lol

cryptic26djp 11-11-2006 09:14 PM

Who would offer their Viper for a Mustang? If they bought a Viper in the first place..... Im quite certain they could afford to buy a Mustang. If this guy is just strung out on that wacky sh!t then go ahead and take the steal - unless there is something wrong with that Viper. Personally, I dont like Vipers.... but I would trade my Mustang for one.... and then turn right around and sell the Viper to make the profit. And of course, I would be buying another Mustang right after that. Sorry, I just love Mustangs.

cam2904 11-11-2006 09:52 PM

I have never rode in a viper but you only live once. I also know for a fact a older gentleman help make the viper what is. His name is Carroll Shelby.

hammeron 11-11-2006 09:57 PM

viper > mustang

i hope you get it

lmunz22 11-11-2006 09:58 PM

Go for the Viper, but put a diffeerent exhaust on there striaght away! Why is that one so small?

fairlane292 11-11-2006 10:05 PM

With that mileage, if mint, the Viper is worth 50+. You can't be trading even so how can you ask our opinion if you don't tell us what you have to give in cash over and above your car. If it's $100,000 pass on the deal. Tell us more.

There's only 3 years difference and mileage is rediculously low for a 5 year old anything. If it's an even trade I'd make sure it's legit cause it can't be w/o "an issue".

Juntech 11-11-2006 10:08 PM

If it's that GTS then go for the Viper. :D

AACstyle 11-11-2006 10:15 PM

Nice GTS!

https://mustangforums.com/forceddown...le=0%3B2242439

Good color combo as well!

Its an '02? Thats the last year of the GTS... that thing should be just under $50K with 16000 miles.

Tracedaddy 11-11-2006 11:34 PM

It says you're from Utah.

You better make that deal quick. I think I can make that trip and be in Utah tomorrow night. On your mark. Get set. GO!!!!!!

:D

Fambaa 11-11-2006 11:43 PM

He says trade IN for a viper....

My question is if its not a straight trade what is the rest of the money that your going to have to pay for that thing....

Thats what i would base my decision off of....how much more is it going to cost....

TPony 11-11-2006 11:51 PM

Viper!

JOHNNY 11-12-2006 12:03 AM

Nice viper. Hold on to your check book when you have to repair it !!!! You will have to repair it alot? Had an older one with 8,000 miles on it and it ran hot all the time. It needed a clutch also. but fun to drive on short trips. good luck but keep the stang for a spare car.

Jerseyfury2 11-12-2006 12:09 AM

viper

billyjo 11-12-2006 12:23 AM

Well think about this, Shelby had influence in the design of the viper so your buying a shelby inspired vehicle and would you trade for a gt500. So go for the viper and when your tired of it trade for a mustang. Best of both worlds. Good luck and watch out for the cops

doodad 11-12-2006 12:24 AM

don't even think about it .... GO FOR IT!!!!!!!

Larmo 11-12-2006 12:27 AM

No brainer... VIPER.

AmericanMuscle4.6GT 11-12-2006 12:38 AM

ORIGINAL: billyjo

Well think about this, Shelby had influence in the design of the viper so your buying a shelby inspired vehicle and would you trade for a gt500. So go for the viper and when your tired of it trade for a mustang. Best of both worlds. Good luck and watch out for the cops

i don't think that really applies here. completely different car, motives for designing, etc.

get the viper. besides the fact that you'll get more action than you know what to do with, its a friggin sweet car, especially in black.

so whats the question here?

lynwood78 11-12-2006 12:57 AM

You traitor. I'll never trade my mustang for anything in the world, no matter how fast the other car is. I guess no one has sentimental values for their stangs anymore.

AmericanMuscle4.6GT 11-12-2006 01:11 AM

ORIGINAL: lynwood78

You traitor. I'll never trade my mustang for anything in the world, no matter how fast the other car is. I guess no one has sentimental values for their stangs anymore.

oh, don't worry, my stang holds plenty of sentimental value. its just that a viper would hold more sentimental value;)

relax, man. brand loyalty just doesn't mean the same to everyone. im not too big on it personally. i'm loyal to the better car.

and by the way, it's mandatory that you transform into a total prick when you get the viper;)

Black3vGT 11-12-2006 01:23 AM

ORIGINAL: lynwood78

I wouldn't trade mine for a Viper. Or at least that year Viper. Maybe an 04+ but 8MPG doesn't sound to appealing.

kenthicken 11-12-2006 03:38 AM

I love the looks and performance of a Viper, but I've heard the horror stories as well: I know a service manager at a local Dodge dealer in L.A., and each week they have at least two Vipers in with various problems. They are not put together well, are a handfull on the street, and mileage is horrible (as you'd expect). I'd be really wary of getting a used one, since a lot of people who buy Vipers new usually damage them early since, it is so easy to let one get away from you - I read a stat somewhere that abouut 1/3 of all used Vipers have been wrecked at some point in their lives, and have been resold. Do a Carfax first!!

8cd03gro 11-12-2006 03:57 AM

i say, keep the stang and spend the money you were gonna spend on the viper and get three asian hookers for a week. just my 2 cents.

Mach 11-12-2006 04:39 AM

[sm=funnypostabove.gif] ehh i dont care for that year viper, id keep the stang!

mdlesk 11-12-2006 05:05 AM

My brother just bought a 95 Viper RT/10 and it's amazing! I'm not a big fan of the rear exit exhaust models but I'd say go for it. Just make sure you have another car for an everyday driver! Trust me, you'll need it!

flewbyu 11-12-2006 11:00 AM

heard many bad thing from viper owners, look goo and fast yes, but just heard to many horror stories.
I heard many horror stories about Stangs too. Many of them on MF, didnt stop me from getting one! I would get the Viper with out any hesitation.

Get the Vipor!

thxultra 11-12-2006 12:40 PM

All depends on if you can afford the gas and repairs on the vipor. If you like it go for it.

SPOOK R/T 11-12-2006 12:45 PM

The Viper.

cyberjock4hire 11-12-2006 12:55 PM

I'm partial to the Asian hooker idea, but with the viper you may not need to pay. Go for the Viper.

finch00 11-12-2006 02:44 PM

read the latest motor trend they compare the GT500 v. the Viper v. the Vette. it could give you a good comparison. i realize your not trading a gt500 but it has some mustang charactoristics (sic).

If i recall correctly they refer to the Viper as a "Blast Furness" but they probly spelled it correctly.