Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!! How do you lower your windows via your remote?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 09:54 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

Default Help!! How do you lower your windows via your remote?

Well to make a long story short, I was cleaning my car yesterday with the keys on my back pocket I was kneeling on the backseat with the remote pressed against me on the back pocket. Well I hear the horn chip a couple of times and lock/unlock a couple of times and then suddenly my windows came down. I tried for nearly an hour to make them go back down. What is the method to do it?

Att. Andrew
Old 11-18-2006, 11:14 AM
LBJay
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Help!! How do you lower your windows via your remote?

Using the keyfob, double-press the unlock button, but after the second press, don't let go. Push, release it, push and hold it.

This only works on certain 05s with Active Anti-theft. IIRC
Old 11-18-2006, 12:28 PM
Ken M
1st Gear Member

I think I read somewhere the window down feature with the remote was only on the '05's.
Old 11-18-2006, 01:48 PM
Skoshi42
2nd Gear Member

Yes, ONLY on early 05' Mustangs you have remote power down windows... they started having problems with the windows "mysteriously" rolling down by itself... which caused alot of security issues.. so they removed the program in the keyless system... from what ive heard IT IS possible to re-program this into later mustang systems,but you need to do this via Ford dealership... *Also remember they took it out for a reason..
Old 11-18-2006, 04:31 PM
Rupp
3rd Gear Member

Do 05 verts have this option?
Old 11-18-2006, 04:54 PM
shaners90lxhatch
3rd Gear Member

Very well put.
Old 11-18-2006, 05:00 PM
Black06stang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Skoshi42

Yes, ONLY on early 05' Mustangs you have remote power down windows... they started having problems with the windows "mysteriously" rolling down by itself... which caused alot of security issues.. so they removed the program in the keyless system... from what ive heard IT IS possible to re-program this into later mustang systems,but you need to do this via Ford dealership... *Also remember they took it out for a reason..
So, on my 2006 mustang without the anti theft upgrade, can the dealer program my car so the windows will roll down by remote?
Old 11-18-2006, 05:01 PM
Black06stang
4th Gear Member

sorry, double post.
Old 11-18-2006, 07:06 PM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black06stang
So, on my 2006 mustang without the anti theft upgrade, can the dealer program my car so the windows will roll down by remote?

You can only have Ford activate this feature on later model 05's that the feature was disabled on. 06's do not have the capability even if carried back to the dealer. I think the problem with this feature is exactly how the starter of this thread found out he had this ability to roll down his windows by accident. I have never had any problems by accidental hitting the button yet I think that is the whole reason for discontinuing it. I love being able to roll down my windows before getting into a car that is 115 degree's.
Old 11-18-2006, 08:11 PM
Black06stang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RICVA05

ORIGINAL: Black06stang

You can only have Ford activate this feature on later model 05's that the feature was disabled on. 06's do not have the capability even if carried back to the dealer. I think the problem with this feature is exactly how the starter of this thread found out he had this ability to roll down his windows by accident. I have never had any problems by accidental hitting the button yet I think that is the whole reason for discontinuing it. I love being able to roll down my windows before getting into a car that is 115 degree's.
Thats what I thought.

Quick Reply: Help!! How do you lower your windows via your remote?