Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 09:44 PM
TinPony
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Fog Lights

97GT19...Thanks I knew someone would have a reasonable answer...
Old 11-19-2006, 09:48 PM
SICNESS

ORIGINAL: 20newstang06

Anyone else with a GT having problems with other drivers constantly flashing their high beams at night? Just because you see 4 lights straight across does not mean by brights are on!
I always have 'em on at night. I don't think you can ever illuminate too much...plus our cars look sweet!

I've been high beamed a lot...after the first few times, I was so used to it I'd just high beam them back. They have to feel a bit sheepish after that!
Old 11-19-2006, 10:09 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

Ditto.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:11 PM
05SDI
3rd Gear Member

LOL!
Well I kill two birds with one stone when I get flashed.

I'll flash my high beams back and that inturn turns my fog lights off momentarily. Then maybe next time they'll be a little more carefull with what they are asking for! lol

I have been flashed by COPs before! Flashed one officer back and then he turned around pulled me over and asked me why I shined my high beams at him. I replied with "you shinned yours at me and I was just showing you I didn't have me high beams on. He told me that he saw all 4 'head' lights on and I replied with no you saw 2 head lights and 2 fog lights on and in the State of Alaska it's NOT illeagal to drive around with my head lights and fog lights on at the same time, and until the law is changed I will continue to drive as I do. He stated that well on my car it appears that you have high beams on and I should turn them off. I laughed at him and informed him that if he feels that strongly about this he might try contacting Ford motor comapny and discuss their design flaw with them NOT me. And as it stands today I have done nothing wrong and when you find all my paper work is in order (license, insurance, registration) I would like to contine on my way with out unneeded interuptions. He looked at me, shook his head and handed me back all my paper work (without even checking) and said have a nice day. I said thatnk you officer you to.
btw it was broad daylight, a single lane country road I had the top down and was enjoying myself. I realize the above post might make me out as an A$$ but I trully saw NO reason to have him pull me over because he didn't know what he was seeing. He was only car I had met in a few miles and I felt the whole thing was just wierd! 05SDI
Old 11-20-2006, 01:07 AM
raylandm
2nd Gear Member

with the two fog lights and the smaller ones on the bottom of the front bumper, it kinda looks like a UFO
Old 11-20-2006, 01:12 AM
SICNESS

ORIGINAL: raylandm

with the two fog lights and the smaller ones on the bottom of the front bumper, it kinda looks like a UFO
LOL...Close Encounters style!
Old 11-20-2006, 01:55 AM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

That's so absurd especially in daylight. I have my headlights and fogs on all the time in daylight. Mainly because I don't want some idiot pulling out in front of me cause "they didn't see me". I have been flashing back at night, I don't know... this is what Ford put out there... I wish they had gone smaller but what ya gonna do (not interested in "pony package" look)
Old 11-20-2006, 02:08 AM
godminus1
2nd Gear Member

I do get flashed often. I just flash my lights back at them.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:16 AM
ilduce321
2nd Gear Member

I had the Pony Package fogs on mine at first and never had an issue...as soon as I put the GT fogs on, I get flashed all the time...I run them because they look cool, and they help light the road up a bit more
Old 11-20-2006, 05:20 AM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ilduce321
I had the Pony Package fogs on mine at first and never had an issue...as soon as I put the GT fogs on, I get flashed all the time...I run them because they look cool, and they help light the road up a bit more
at night I always have them on and haven't been flashed even once
but my headlights are silver stars so they are brighter than my fogs and whiter
and my brights are really bright

Quick Reply: Fog Lights