Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wtf ! ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 03:11 AM
skiba5546
1st Gear Member

Default RE: wtf ! ?

Boooooooooooo Top Gear.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:11 AM
Black3vGT
4th Gear Member

To answer your question, Yes, yes they do hate american cars that much.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:13 AM
undefeated
4th Gear Member

I would have shaved off 2 seconds from the launch alone. He needs to come to American and go down the strip with a launch like that. LoL.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:48 AM
Scotte28516
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: WhiteStallion06

i hate that it makes me so mad .... even if it was a v8 its still dumb bc the mustang was not made to handle turns and what not it was made to beat you on a straight away 0 to 60 power its a muscle car
Actually, you're totally wrong! The new Mustang was made to handle turns. Ever hear of the FR500C? That is a factory production road race car. Ford does not build a factory production drag car. It has been beating the **** out of both BMW and Porsche winning the Grand American Cup racing series championship(road racing), and has full factory support from Ford Racing, more so than drag racing. The video is still a POS in my opinion.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:01 AM
BlackoutStang
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: markus51

Yep, it's the V6 in there and it looks like they have somebody who is scared of driving it.... I'm sure any other driver could beat his sorry time on that ghetto track.. =)

He's a tool, but he's an amazing driver. Can't hate on his driving abilities, only his personality.

Seriously though... These Stangs aren't made for handling on the stock suspension. It's a solid rear axle. That in itself means it's not all about cornering.
Edit- I'm refering to a stock GT.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:12 AM
Scotte28516
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BlackoutStang

Yep, it's the V6 in there and it looks like they have somebody who is scared of driving it.... I'm sure any other driver could beat his sorry time on that ghetto track.. =)

He's a tool, but he's an amazing driver. Can't hate on his driving abilities, only his personality.

Seriously though... These Stangs aren't made for handling on the stock suspension. It's a solid rear axle. That in itself means it's not all about cornering.
There again, a solid rear axle and 3 link is used in both the FR500C(Grand Am world champion) and the FR500GT, both road racers. They beat all other IRS cars for the series title, and had more wins. You can't argue facts.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:14 AM
BlackoutStang
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Scotte28516

There again, a solid rear axle and 3 link is used in both the FR500C(Grand Am world champion) and the FR500GT, both road racers. They beat all other IRS cars for the series title, and had more wins. You can't argue facts.
...stock GT.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:18 AM
Scotte28516
4th Gear Member

...stock GT.
Doesn't matter, solid rear axle. Blame the driver, not the car.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:21 AM
BlackoutStang
1st Gear Member

...stock GT.
Doesn't matter, solid rear axle. Blame the driver, not the car.
Meh, Don't really feel like starting an arguement, but you are being a bit biased if you really think our cars have great handling. It's not like it's terrible, but it's far from good.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:48 AM
undefeated
4th Gear Member

All I know is our cars can beat that horse around that track.

Quick Reply: wtf ! ?